• this is the choice for all who think there should be another choice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
When does profit become rip off? we all agree no dealer is a registered charity, they have bills to pay a living to make food to put on the table.

But is selling speaker cables at a hike of 35% plus on top of what it retails for in the shops, to which with a bit of homework (Google) you and I can buy good practise

I have just been to three dealers sites and two are doing it
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

The other question is, given how much time forum users pink fish hi fi choice wigwam spend talking and using the internet, why do so many people miss these cables

on the sites of there makers be it usa hong kong or europe

so would you pay 35% more than retail

G

Dave are you saying that some retailers are adding 35% to the MSRSP?

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Davewhityetagain wrote:

analoguekid wrote:
Davewhityetagain wrote:
analoguekid wrote:
Dave are you saying that some retailers are adding 35% to the MSRSP?
yes
smile.png
who? and have you quizzed them about it?
will pm you ;)I am working through all dealers I can think of, on this site and other dorums to start with then doing russ as well
Why?

dudywoxer

Looking for a bigger stirring stick
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
sunny scunny
AKA
colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's the same as buying anything else, check the prices that are available before you put your hand in pocket, along with the service being offered, If you are happy with the deal pay it. If not buy from the cheapest ineternet/shop source you can. Just DO NOT use a dealer to dem something them buy from the cheapest source.

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi, my name is Dave Whitter P.I., known to most acquaintancies as Dave. Funny because the sign on my door glass panel reads: IP rettihW evaD. It was one of those quiet bank holiday mornings when the banks are closed but not much else. I heard a rumour from downtown that some dodgy dealings were going down and decided to investigate.....

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
hifiwigwam wrote:

Dave,Is there a good reason for this or are you just bored and trying to stir up a row.
Started off bored, but got my calculator out
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

Not too shocked by what I have found, Russ Andrews is taking the piss as are others

I just can not get my head around how many people ie forum users spend hours making sure they get the right equipment at the best price but when it comes to all sorts of cables common sense goes out the windows

its a bit like brits in Spain

So.................. you met this guy in a bar, and he said he could do you a great deal on a villa but, there was no time to view as he had to sell now !!!

and he wanted cash :cool:and when you went to view it, it was a donkey shed
biggrin.png

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
dudywoxer wrote:

It's the same as buying anything else, check the prices that are available before you put your hand in pocket, along with the service being offered, If you are happy with the deal pay it. If not buy from the cheapest ineternet/shop source you can. Just DO NOT use a dealer to dem something them buy from the cheapest source.
agree too much of that going on

A

adam

I must say,i find it hard to believe that someone can sell something at 35% more than the RRP.

I've also found out why something cheap in the USA once it hits UK/Spain etc can in no way be sold for the same price as it is in the USA,it's easy to sit and critise mark up,but once you see and know what extras you have to pay,thoes extras need to be accounted for.

technobear

Ursine Wammer
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2005
Glastonbury, UK
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
adam wrote:

I must say,i find it hard to believe that someone can sell something at 35% more than the RRP.I've also found out why something cheap in the USA once it hits UK/Spain etc can in no way be sold for the same price as it is in the USA,it's easy to sit and critise mark up,but once you see and know what extras you have to pay,thoes extras need to be accounted for.
OK, here's an example. I have recently checked out the prices of Furutech IEC and mains plugs.

I found a dealer (a High Street shop) who sells the Furutech FI-25(G) for £45 and the FI-UK(G) for £50.

I found another dealer selling the FI-25(G) for £60. That's a 33% premium rip-off.

Yet another dealer wanted £68 for the FI-UK(G). That's a 36% premium rip-off.

As always, caveat emptor - do your research before parting with your cash.

A

adam

But what is the RRP?if someone wants to heavy discount that's up to them,I just cant see,(yet)if something is set at Srrp 100GBP by the manufacture,then someone sells it at 130GBP.

technobear

Ursine Wammer
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2005
Glastonbury, UK
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Furutech website doesn't quote an RRP for the FI-25(G) but it dos quote £60 for the FI-25®.

As the cheaper dealer also sells the FI-25® for £60, this suggests that the FI-25(G) does indeed have an RRP of £45 and that £50 for the FI-UK is probably the RRP also.

The other two dealers are ripping us off.

G

Cloth-Ears wrote:

I just opened it now. He packaged it in an old cat food box, which was a fitting touch !
smile.png
I now have the only Chord Signature cable that stinks of cat food.
biggrin.png
if the loose end waves around whilst you fit it, do you feel a strange compulsion to "chase it?"
biggrin.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles