• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Where have all the posters gone ?

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Well Wigwam is working out very good, but looking at the number of posts l at Hi fi choice not everyone seems to have made it here?

That have stopped posting there

So who has gained them ? Naim Pink Fish ?

Oreven Paulberry's new forum :dude:

Its only one up from a gut feeling but people have just gone, even allowing for holidays:D

Which is sad as Wigwam and Choice both have plenty to offer

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
Dave, Kids were back at school this week and i guess a number of parents are also back at work. Those without kids are now starting to take holidays!

Its just a lull, im sure it will come back soon...

Hawk

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Actually seen a lot of faces around this week that haven't been here for a while.

I think it's holidays and cricket and sunny weather mate. Nooo bother.

Geordie

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Newcastle Upon Tyne,
I dont really visit any hifi forum as much these days. I am still around though, but often just lurking nowadays
tongue.png

E

Effem

I'm busy getting the new house ready to move in. Been fitting halogen lights in the kitchen today and fitting a dedicated spur tomorow for the listening room
tongue.png

PARAGON

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 5, 2005
Norn Iron
Iagree, I am moving into a new gaff soon, and if it will help improve things, I may give it a go, but I am sure there is new legislation just come out that any work carried out by the householder must be checked by an electrician. Would be worth getting the check since if anything goes wrong you can bet the insurance companies will use it as a get out clause. If it is any help, I have seen some things in the audiophile candy catalogue such as non-fused sockets and plugs that are said to make a small improvement for little cost. If I find out any more about the new rules I will post the here.

PARAGON

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 5, 2005
Norn Iron
PARAGON wrote:

Iagree, I am moving into a new gaff soon, and if it will help improve things, I may give it a go, but I am sure there is new legislation just come out that any work carried out by the householder must be checked by an electrician. Would be worth getting the check since if anything goes wrong you can bet the insurance companies will use it as a get out clause. If it is any help, I have seen some things in the audiophile candy catalogue such as non-fused sockets and plugs that are said to make a small improvement for little cost. If I find out any more about the new rules I will post the here.
Just found this, hope it helps..

http://www.acoustica.org.uk/t/mains.html

oh, and found this within the document..

From 01 Jan 05 in the UK Electrical works such as this need to be signed-off by a suitably-qualified person or approved by your local Building control inspectorate, following the introduction of the new Approved Document Part P component of the Building Regulations

SSM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Tipoca City
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Davewhityetagain wrote:

Well Wigwam is working out very good, but looking at the number of posts l at Hi fi choice not everyone seems to have made it here?That have stopped posting there

So who has gained them ? Naim Pink Fish ?

Oreven Paulberry's new forum :dude:

Its only one up from a gut feeling but people have just gone, even allowing for holidays:D

Which is sad as Wigwam and Choice both have plenty to offer
My $0.02 is , given the slump the 2ch hifi industry is currently in, it is no wonder there should be a corresponding decline in traffic at sites like HFC. I also reckon most of the newer members at HFC who leave after posting a few messages about their new kit, are quite content to beat a retreat from all that hardcore audiophile tawk, and settle down to enjoy their systems. Not every hifi owner is keen to wade into the latest rehash of the Naim/MF X-80/Art Emoticons/main cables sagas at HFC.
biggrin.png

SS, fully retired from HFC after his 1000th post
tongue.png

NB: dave and AK, don'teither of you f**king delete one of my posts to reduce it to 999!

G

solidstateman wrote:

NB: dave and AK, don'teither of you f**king delete one of my posts to reduce it to 999!
hadn't thought of doing that.......but now that you mention it.........mmmm.......tempting :sw:

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cloth-ears... for what it's worth, I had a dedicated spur wired in for the HiFi when I moved House, complete with six seperate high quality mains sockets. Comparisons are hard, since the new room clearly had more effect than the better(?) cabling, but I can say that the mains supply seems clean, with a notable lack of sudden surges etc when I turn other things on / off (turntable stability very good for example, and there's no seperate power supply). It's not costly and I reckon probably worth doing, even if only because it's one upgrade you needn't worry about, and it's (lack of) effectiveness would be hard to prove. A few quid well thrown away I'd say!
smile.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kengxx