T.white

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 31, 2005
South Wales, , Unite
Hi chaps,

Apologies in advance for this one.
shitsfan.gif.cd1d9f23de26db569aa7ef6be1db61f8.gif

In your experience, what interconnects haveprovided the most 'DRAMATIC' improvement to 'ANY' system you've'EVER' owned???

It doesn't matter if it was a budget, mid priced or high end setup/cable.

You are only allowed toname'ONE' cable as thestandout, though others can get a mention if appropriate.

ta.

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Cambridge Audio Studio Reference was the biggest jump for me, it 'sounded' night & day better than all previous cables I'd tried.

A

Alex A

istari knight wrote:

The most dramatic improvement for me was when i upgraded to bell wire from QED silver anniversary......
happens.gif.785a5c135e9ec27adf265d18872281b7.gif
Actually similar. QED1 to QED Silver anniversary. Easily the most audible improvement i've heard with cables. And it was significant.

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Alex_A wrote:

istari knight wrote:
The most dramatic improvement for me was when i upgraded to bell wire from QED silver anniversary......
happens.gif.785a5c135e9ec27adf265d18872281b7.gif
Actually similar. QED1 to QED Silver anniversary. Easily the most audible improvement i've heard with cables. And it was significant.
He was saying that SA is cack (and I wholeheartedly agree)!
biggrin.png

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Interconnects - Coherent Connoisseur XLRs - very natural tonality.

Mains cables - The first time i tried a Krystal Kables Jupiter in my system.

kennyk

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
vdH D102. that was my first upgrade cable from the black cheap stuff. until that point I was a cable heretic
wink.png

The Swedish Chef

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 25, 2005
Göteborg, , Sweden
AKA
Philip
can't say that any cable has made a dramatic improvement, each has either detracted or improved the sound in subtle ways.

the most pleasing change of cable however has been moving to the connoisseur range from our mr.c

imo only changing speakers will produce dramatic changes in the presentation of music

Sastusbulbas

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 19, 2006
Edinburgh, , United
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The one that stands out for me is Chord Chorus.

Previous to this were interconnects all under/around £100, the Chord just wiped the floor.

Speaker cables are a little different, I remember thinking how superb Van Den Hul D-352 was, until Naim Nac 5 floored it in the areas of bass performance, though this was dependent on amplifier and speakers.

Chord Signature loudspeaker cable is what I feel another superb performer for the price, though its terminations let it down.

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Another one for Chord cables.

I switched to Chord rumour 2 speaker cable as a quick stop gap last year, and they are still there and no plans to change them.

Also I did the tri-amp loop with chord silver chameleon shortly afterwards. Just a very good cable which just lets the music play.

Can't fault it at all, much better than the Nordost Blue Heaven I previously had.

M

murray johnson

I use the Audionote (Japan) silver interconnects and speaker cable. They have a natural, unforced quality which makes every other cable I've tried sound obvious in some way. The speaker cables whenI first put them in were shocking. At first it appeared that all of the high frequency information had vanished. It hadn't. I was just no longer hearing the grain, grunge and subjective distortion I had become used to.

I'm still interested to try other types now & again but they'd have to be ridiculously good for me to consider spending serious money on any of them.

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
the only revolutionary cable experience I've had is a Coherent Connoisseur mains cable.

everything else I've tried has been much of a muchness, but I'd love to be able to try more Coherent stuff at some point

M

Mr Coherent

First time I listened to a Wadia, it became painfully clear that all other digital sources to date (that I'd owned) were just piss poor imitations.

The Cables that do it for me, (apart from our own) A small swiss company run by a single chap who makes the most amazing cables I've heard to date, absolutely sublime, one day I will own a pair lol!!!

E

Effem

In the last 4 years or soI have heard someexpensive cables with fantastic top end performance that unfortunately traded off with lousy bass performance and vice versa, so it's all too easy to be seduced by one or the other but it seems never both, or if you come close to that compromisethe wretchedmidband has fallen out :Unhappy:

So, in the absence of that mythical "perfect cable" I'll stick with the affordable alternatives that have a good blend of compromises I can live with

Blue Floyd

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 1, 2006
Essex, , United King
I was using Chord Chorus i/c's and wanted to try Chord Anthem to see if they were a worthwhile upgrade. My dealer lent me some to try at home with my pre / power, cd and phono stage.

Alas when I got them home I found he had put Chord Signature in the box instead of Anthem. Signature is of course much more expensive and a price I was not prepared to pay for bits of wire. However as I had them at home I thought I might as well try them.

Well, the difference they made to my system was astonishing. Chord amps have a reputation for being on the bright side. The Signatures tamed any brightness and cleaned up the bass at the same time. They made such an improvement that I had to have them despite the cost. Now that I have recovered from this bout of economic madness I regard them as a good buy.

My speaker cable is Chord Odyssey.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles