maddog_007
Wammer
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have had some of the better JDs and they are really good, much better than the standard No7

Quite like the idea of being a rock star, even at my age. If Keith Richards can do it.....

Andy
On my way up to a wee break near Stromeferry we pass my favourite Whisky Distillery Dalwhinnie,got a Winters Gold bottle in the boot to enjoy a wee dram or two on the shore of Loch Carron near Plockton.
Looking forward to Highland air,peace and quiet and stunning scenery !.

maddog_007

maddog_007
Wammer
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sound idyllic. Jealous.

Andy :giggle:
It really is a lovely spot,a friend of my wife let's us have a couple of weeks in her cottage (a converted byre).
This will be the the first time in over 25 years that she has an Internet connection...
A local pine marten family are regular visitors to the lounge window ledge,so I always make up their dinner of dates,pine kernels and mixed dried fruit...they're partial to a banana too!.
You can watch them really close as they don't seem to bother when they're filling their faces! 😀.
Kyle is only a 10 minute drive away and the Skye bridge gives you easy access to that lovely big island.

Reactions: deggie

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
spent several holidays in that area and on Skye …idyllic with the right weather

Reactions: maddog_007

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Off to the Whisky Fringe tasting in Edinburgh this Fri ….4 hrs of liver punishment 😱😱😱
Made it back from Edinburgh ….great afternoon of hunting down interesting drams and schmoozing exhibitors with some of my ultra rare stuff I’ve acquired over many years. Was so good to render the young lady speechless on the Bruichladdich stand when I tried a sample of the latest Port Charlotte bottling ……they she tried my 5yr old bloodtub Sherry cask expression (bottled in 2005 @60% ) ….and couldn’t equate the two !!!!

Stand out drams we’re a 28 yr old single cask Jura and a ultra rare £££ 44 yr old Talisker …..amazing . At the other end …look out for a bottling of single grain whisky called Spearhead. - produced at Loch Lomond distillery and a real gem at £35 😁

Cambs12

Apr 11, 2010
Cambridgeshire
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A few recent additions here. Picked up the Springbank 10 from Cambridge Wine Merchants. Got lucky, was just sitting by itself on a shelf...

The Caol Ila is a favourite, and was surprised to see Tesco stocking it now.

The Glen Scotia Campbeltown malts festival 2022 I bought in York's The Whisky Shop ( bit surprised to see it still in the shops, but it was the last bottle they had), along with a Kilchoman Sanaig.

I would tell you how they taste, but they are remaining closed until I get my sense of smell back, which has gone MIA as I have covid at the moment!

1660817228950.jpeg

Reactions: savvypaul

b1u3print

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 23, 2005
Cheshire
AKA
Matt
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Whisky is a terrible catch 22….

You drink it and many years later maybe regret that decision because of what it would now be worth.

You don’t drink it and you wind up with a collection of whisky that you would love to taste - but simply can’t justify opening due to its value.

🤷‍♂️

I still drink and enjoy whisky, but relatively inexpensive newer produce, Talisker is a particular favourite.

Photo was from a small part of my collection that when sold funded a new turntable, arm and cartridge. Had I stored them better I may have been tempted to keep them.

Currently enjoying both the turntable and the Talisker, so no regrets I suppose 🤔

Attachments

• BF1DB21A-92B3-4087-AB31-FAA73E4FC188.jpeg
    BF1DB21A-92B3-4087-AB31-FAA73E4FC188.jpeg
    864.2 KB · Views: 10

maddog_007

maddog_007
Wammer
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Here’s a vv exclusive trio
0206D7CD-2717-4E7C-B4C3-BA0210C7212A.jpeg 13BDAAD8-F244-4C77-B8B2-726920498D36.jpeg ACF6B75C-9E55-44A3-8D01-CD405EE5FF86.jpeg The Mc
can’t seem to rotate them …sorry guys

Whisky is a terrible catch 22….

You drink it and many years later maybe regret that decision because of what it would now be worth.

You don’t drink it and you wind up with a collection of whisky that you would love to taste - but simply can’t justify opening due to its value.

🤷‍♂️

I still drink and enjoy whisky, but relatively inexpensive newer produce, Talisker is a particular favourite.

Photo was from a small part of my collection that when sold funded a new turntable, arm and cartridge. Had I stored them better I may have been tempted to keep them.

Currently enjoying both the turntable and the Talisker, so no regrets I suppose 🤔
Have visited the Talisker Distilery years ago..
Here's dedication for you,I can't drink peaty malts..instant migraine..so I passed over my visitors sample to another in the group!.

b1u3print

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 23, 2005
Cheshire
AKA
Matt
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The first time I went to the Talisker distillery would have been October 1997 and if I remember correctly any visitor facilities they had were closed (probably due to the time of year?).

Skye just so happened to be one of the most achingly beautiful places on earth however, so absolutely not a wasted journey, have been back many times since.

If you’re avoiding peaty malts you are certainly doing the environment a favour anyway 😉

Reactions: Cambs12

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
At the Whisky Fringe 2019 ….I managed to tease out a dram if 34 yr old Glenglassaugh from the stand (in exchange for an epic single cask MacAllan) ….at that time it was £4k a bottle and very nice too.

Cask Stength Glengoyne is a underrated malt imho.

Reactions: Cambs12 and deggie

Cambs12

Apr 11, 2010
Cambridgeshire
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've enjoyed the Glengoyne 10 and 12, so when I saw this on the shelf, it was an obvious one to go for. Glenglassaugh, I have had one bottle in the past, the Revival, so this will be interesting in comparison. Benromach, also, had the standard 12 in the past ( or was it 10, can't remember) so another one to compare, though I will try and get the cask strength of the core range soon.

Reactions: deggie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.