oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Had a great night last night. Invited two fellas I hadn't met before to have a quick listen in my room. Two hours later, we parted having shared a love of jazz and introduced a combination of Bill Frisell, Alice Coltrane, Mattew Halsall and others. Now that's what the Wam is about!

Reactions: Mondie

deggie

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 12, 2011
edge of birmingham
AKA
keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Unable to make it today lads, snowed in and roads are treacherous, 

so have a great day playing tunes ........ hope some wammers and friends show up for ya.

• Upvote
Reactions: Maverick

vintageaxeman

WAM, Bam, Thank you, Ma'am!
Wammer Plus
Feb 25, 2010
UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Feeling a bit hemmed in by the snow at the moment, (currently about 10cm deep and the road looks very slippery) and it is cold (0.6 degrees with very cold strong gusts) so I guess it's not going to melt easily this morning.  It ALSO looks as though more is coming down albeit very lightly.  I will judge it again mid morning but I am not the usual happy bunny on this day, one of the highlights of my year.....  :|

Last edited by a moderator:

YNWAN

100% Analogue
Wammer
Jul 22, 2007
Sheffield
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I hope visitor numbers are not too affected by the snow. Unfortunately I can’t now come as loads of snow (worst of the year so far by some margin) fell in Sheffield last night. Best wishes to all those taking part, I hope you have a great day - I’m very sad to be missing the show as I’ve been to every one so far :(   

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Main roads round hotel look clear enough and look like council round here grit unlike at home grrrrr
We always get gritted here (5 miles from Melton, 2.5 miles from Scalford) and did last night but the snow has settled and drifted on top of it. Garden looks pretty, though not really in the mood to appreciate it.

IMG_0097.JPG

Reactions: Beckenham

Gizza

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Mar 12, 2011
Sutton Coldfield
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Snow has been pretty heavy over here and more is forecast so Im gutted to have to bow out of one of the highlights of the year. Hope those that are there/manage to get there have a great day. 

Reactions: deggie

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nice picture! But where is the Spring?   :)
broken+spring.jpg

vintageaxeman

WAM, Bam, Thank you, Ma'am!
Wammer Plus
Feb 25, 2010
UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Made it! Thank god for the gritters!

Thank you all for all, the time and effort you put into getting to Kegworth and setting it all up.

I enjoyed the lot!

What did I learn? I got some great advice about using Raspberry Pi's, and about streaming, which I've never been into before. Might try it now!

What sounds did I enjoy most? Cable Monkey's vinyl setup!

What did I miss most? I really missed the BIG setups in BIG rooms. And Stamford's New & Used Vinyl.

Thanks to you all, guys. A very worthwhile show.

Reactions: Gizza

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles