With great thanks to this forum I bought….

Griff500

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 27, 2017
Prague, Czech
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've thought abot SCM40A as well since I'm sure they're cracking speakers as well, but I know I'd end up wanting the 50s in the end due to their all drivers SL specced (with 40s having no SL specced drivers). I want to make my final step and be done with it, which isn't a problem in the situation that I am in, since i really love the sound of my system. Just more of the same with as much neutrality, transparency and dynamics is what I'd like.
The 40A really are very good. I don't doubt that the 50ASL are better, as they should be for the price difference. It's the only part of my system I would consider upgrading now as I am very happy with it.

Reactions: popol_vuh and Patu

Lawrence001

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Artera is a power amp and has no volume control. Of course differences in loudness can make a difference. But even when XLR was at a lower volume than rca there was a distinct difference. 
Doh I thought it was one of those all in one streaming amp thingies. I was going to suggest next if you can't level match make the XLRs clearly a little quieter than the RCAs and if they still sound better you know balanced is better.

Reactions: DomT