World Audio Design KEL80 monoblocs - £550 firm

• NEW! Linn Owners Club CLICK HERE and please click join club to have full access.
2022 The WAM show

tankertop

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 29, 2009
Here
Sold my Minimax pre via the Wam the other week which was pleasing. Fed up to the teeth with Ebay so am now offering up the power amps it drove to Wammers, namely a pair of World Audio Design/WAD KEL80 amplifiers. Purchased last Spring from Icon Audio in Leicester. Selling for £550 firm. 2 x 78w into 8 ohms. Valves all in great shape.

Simon Pope HFW editor says, “The KEL 80 manages to combine tube refinement and brute

power in a two-box package. Opening with some classical tunes, the KEL80s brought out the depth

of the orchestration as only valve amplification can, crisp, solid bass and lightning-fast transients

coupled with an addictive smoothness to precussion and violins. It takes an amp with genuine control

and grunt to bring out the full bass potential of `Mindfields`, and the KEL80s were well up for the

job. They succeeded in reproducing that rare bass `bounce` that is rarely found in valve gear and

almost never in solid state.”

The result is an amp that drives a very wide range of loudspeakers (including low efficiency types) to exceedingly loud levels while maintaining that classic EL34 musicality. And proper, trouser-flapping bass. Whisper quiet too. Features seriously heavy transformers and is in full working order.

These are backbreakingly heavy so are being listed for collection only from Bedford - I would rather not take the risk of shipping them.

Any questions fire away.

DSC04918 (1) by Brer Rabbit, on Flickr

DSC04921 by Brer Rabbit, on Flickr

carlhowe

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2009
northwich, ,
I run a wad kel34 in my main system. Reliable and sounds good. This pair are a real bargain......suprised they didn't sell last night. If I had the room, I would have them.

Have a bump

plod52

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2011
Colchester
AKA
Mark Hibben
:^ :^

Sold my Minimax pre via the Wam the other week which was pleasing. Fed up to the teeth with Ebay so am now offering up the power amps it drove to Wammers, namely a pair of World Audio Design/WAD KEL80 amplifiers. Purchased last Spring from Icon Audio in Leicester. Selling for £550 firm. 2 x 78w into 8 ohms. Valves all in great shape.Simon Pope HFW editor says, “The KEL 80 manages to combine tube refinement and brute

power in a two-box package. Opening with some classical tunes, the KEL80s brought out the depth

of the orchestration as only valve amplification can, crisp, solid bass and lightning-fast transients

coupled with an addictive smoothness to precussion and violins. It takes an amp with genuine control

and grunt to bring out the full bass potential of `Mindfields`, and the KEL80s were well up for the

job. They succeeded in reproducing that rare bass `bounce` that is rarely found in valve gear and

almost never in solid state.”

The result is an amp that drives a very wide range of loudspeakers (including low efficiency types) to exceedingly loud levels while maintaining that classic EL34 musicality. And proper, trouser-flapping bass. Whisper quiet too. Features seriously heavy transformers and is in full working order.

These are backbreakingly heavy so are being listed for collection only from Bedford - I would rather not take the risk of shipping them.

Any questions fire away.

DSC04918 (1) by Brer Rabbit, on Flickr

DSC04921 by Brer Rabbit, on Flickr