Wammer
Wammer
Feb 23, 2016
Belper
AKA
Paul Hagen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Im convinced by my AE1 actives that actives are where I want to be want to look at the next level up. Must be standmounts.. Analogue only, not after DSP or inboard DACs etc. Can collect within a sensible radius of DE56.

Budget flexible  - lets see what's on offer. thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MVJ

pauljdh

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 23, 2016
Belper
AKA
Paul Hagen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just noticed spellchecked title - looking for standmount, not standpoint!

• Haha

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just noticed spellchecked title - looking for standmount, not standpoint!
Hi Paul,
             You can edit it by clicking on the three dots in the right corner then click edit & off you go👍

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks Steve!
My pleasure mate👍

I have Anthony's pair of Tannoy Gold 8 Actives here atm he's giving the Event Opals a blast in his new house Also got some Tannoy Gold 7's too just having a play around with them while my new stands get refurbed and Anthony checks out the Opals 

If you want to come & have a listen your welcome as long as we're covid safe ie we both do a lateral flow test on the day and neg. I think you may well like the Gold 8's they are as big as the Opals and have great bass & good all round.

pauljdh

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 23, 2016
Belper
AKA
Paul Hagen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My pleasure mate👍

I have Anthony's pair of Tannoy Gold 8 Actives here atm he's giving the Event Opals a blast in his new house Also got some Tannoy Gold 7's too just having a play around with them while my new stands get refurbed and Anthony checks out the Opals 

If you want to come & have a listen your welcome as long as we're covid safe ie we both do a lateral flow test on the day and neg. I think you may well like the Gold 8's they are as big as the Opals and have great bass & good all round.
I can't believe the price of this Tannoys - cheap as chips! May well do that I have to go to Wakefield next month so could swing by, thanks!

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just let me know when your coming 👍

They may not cost a lot but they look feel & sound great well worth auditioning some folk would dismiss them judging them by there price.

Gary

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 18, 2016
There's a pair of ATCSCM10-A monitors on eBay that have been floating around for a while. They look really nice and I can't believe they haven't been taken yet. I don't know much about them, but they should represent a significant upgrade I would have thought. 

MGTOW

MGTOW
Wammer
Feb 4, 2019
Poole, Dorset
AKA
Dave Wiley
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
One of my favourite affordable actives is the Unity Audio 'Rock Monitor'.

Various versions in existence but pretty rare on the used market. Latest Mk111 version can be had around £2600, new pair inc vat. Older versions which I am more familiar with, have amplification by Tim de Paravicini, as does the latest Mk11 HiFi model.

Simple, well executed design, no DSP, EQ or complex network control. Just a pair of analogue speakers, very well priced I think. 

http://unityaudioproducts.co.uk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles