Wammer
Wammer
Jan 4, 2015
Colchester
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
xDuoo TA-20 Balanced Tube 12AU7 Headphone Amplifier. I bought this directly from the xDuoo store on 12th April.  Very nice headphone amp when paired with my LSA HP-3 (= Kennerton Magni) headphones.  I'm only selling now as I have a vintage preamp (Yamaha CX2000) arriving soon which has a headphone socket, and this will be enough for my needs.  I rarely listen to music through headphones. 

This will come with the stock valves (unused), and the original box.  Location = Colchester. Price = £250 + £12 postage to mainland UK.

The TA-20 won an award from Headfonia for best headphone amp of 2019.  I have copied the text below from the Headfonia website.  

Best Amplifier

Tube: xDuoo TA-20

The xDuoo TA-20 takes what made the TA-10 a great amp, to the higher ground. It can drive virtually any headphone you like, or want, with a sound stage much wider than its transistor competitors. True, it’s not a full Tube amp, but that’s also what makes the TA-20 affordable (and compact).

Build quality is still astounding, with real attention to details and a comprehensive layout. It’s not the most transparent amp you can get, but that’s the magic. If you’ve never had a tube amp before, maybe this should be your first one, even more, if you own a planar headphone.

Spec. of xDuoo TA-20

• Anti-interference aluminum alloy shell
  • Removable aluminum alloy tube guardrail
  • Dual 12AU7 tube
  • Class-A transistor expansion
  • Customized hi-fi capacitor
  • Professional volume IC
  • Balanced input and output
  • 2 sets of aux input interfaces
  • Power supply: External electricity (AC100–240V)
  • Output power: Phone: 2,000 mW (32 ohms); XLR: 2,000 mW (32 ohms)
  • Frequency response: 10 Hz–100 kHz (+/- 1 dB)
  • Gain: +18 dB
  • Distortion: ≤ 0.01% (1 kHz, 32-ohm load)
  • Signal-to-noise ratio: 115 dB
  • Headphone impedance: 8–600 ohms
  • Footprint: 5.8 x 8.3 in (14.8 x 21 cm)
  • Weight: 3.4 lbs (1.55 kg)

View attachment 88047

View attachment 88048

Reactions: krellmad