Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Actually, I really, really wish you hadn't posted that. I now have a good belt/thread drive and I have a reasonable idler. Obviously therefore, what I really do not need is a decent direct drive to complete the set. Mind you, I do have three phono stages, and by some time in January, it should be four 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Tony_J

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Come on someone - buy it! I promise you that you won’t regret it. If you asked me what the second best turntable I own is, I would struggle to choose between this and the Sony PS-X9.

The off board PSU apparently lifts its performance even further although I’ve yet to try one. Mainly because I’m a sad nerd and so I want a genuine Yamaha one and not an aftermarket model. Sadly these go for about £700 on their own…

Bigman80

BigBottle Audio
Wammer
Dec 18, 2015
Wolverhampton
AKA
Oliver
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Come on someone - buy it! I promise you that you won’t regret it. If you asked me what the second best turntable I own is, I would struggle to choose between this and the Sony PS-X9.

The off board PSU apparently lifts its performance even further although I’ve yet to try one. Mainly because I’m a sad nerd and so I want a genuine Yamaha one and not an aftermarket model. Sadly these go for about £700 on their own…
I'll give you £700 for the PS-X9, then you can get the power supply for the Yammy? [emoji1787]

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Oh yes. When I say ‘blew up’ I do literally mean smoke and flames from the main PCB. I had to source long discontinued transistors from the USA and luckily bought 2 sets as it chewed through another set before it was finally fixed.

My good friend who fixed it said ‘never again’, so now I’m too scared to use it…

If this is scaring anyone, the GT-2000 is much (much!) simpler and has no obsolete components in it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online