Wammer
Dec 9, 2012
Torridon, Achnasheen
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sold

For sale are a pair of refurbished Yamaha NS1000M speakers with roller stands.

These were intended for a second system that was to be driven by an old school 70's receiver but my wife and I will relocating to Laos this summer to setup a children's charity as well as teach English & American (I'm a Yank) so these need to go.

I purchased the speakers from Angus on the Art of Sound last year and he performed the following refurbishment work:

- Repaired scuff damage to the edges of the cabinets.

- Repainted the speakers in matt black.

- Replaced the mid range units that had split. The old mid-range units were numbers 651402 and 612202. The replacement drivers are numbered 630174 and 630191, which interestingly suggests that they are much closer production units which were matched by Yamaha on assembly.

I am looking to get back what these owe me which is £750 firm.

I do not have boxes for these and they are really heavy so collection only from Worthing please. As an FYI for anyone interested in these, I will be away from the 28th to 13th of Feb and from the 19th to 26th of March.

Yamaha%201_zps1f8a85gh.jpg

Yamaha%203_zpssdoonbeb.jpg

divedeepdog

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2011
notts/derby
AKA
mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I'd certainly be interested, Chris. I will stand aside for a simple/local deal for Steve, the shows a month off . None of us want gear hanging around unnecessarily :^

sazeracrye

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 9, 2012
Torridon, Achnasheen
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Made the fatal mistake of keeping these hooked up to my EAR V12 after a demo to a fellow Wammer and am now in a quandary about keeping and selling the Davone Rays instead. The NS1000's sound amazing with Rock! With that said the Yamaha's are temporarily withdrawn from sale until we return from Laos in 2 weeks time.

sonichit

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2010
bottom end
A stunning sounding experience. Considering the Yams took some time for you to aquire and the fact they sounded stunning on your v12, to keep hold of them a bit longer is a very wise choice indeed.

I knew i should have held back on my excitement:)

Lunatic

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 14, 2010
worthing west sussex
AKA
carl
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I live in Worthing Steve, if you decide to post them there is a little packaging shop (bubble wrap ect) along tarring road near the new co-op thats reasonably priced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles