• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

You know when your stereogram has reached perfection when...

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
We had a stereo radiogram in the early 70s, a Russian made thing, a Rigonda if iirc.

I remember it sounded quite lush :)

Valvebloke

Wammer
Dec 3, 2009
Didcot, Oxon
AKA
Graeme
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
We had a stereo radiogram in the early 70s, a Russian made thing, a Rigonda if iirc.I remember it sounded quite lush :)
I had their smaller Party Time Calypso about the same time - a single box with the record deck and amp in it plus two outboard speakers. It was my first 'stereo'. Not proper hifi, but very cheap so quite good value and I could afford it. I still remember the smell of the high-gloss piano lacquer it was finished in. Solzhenitsyn talks, perhaps in Cancer Ward, about the gulag prisoners having to apply it to Russian export electronics...

VB

Jazid

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2009
London
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My folks were daft enough to trade their Garrard/prototype Quad QC2/2 / Vitavox Bitone mono rig for exactly that shite. Their cast offs were my gain, though a lifetime of narrow-spectrum autism is a more likely prize :roll:

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
We had a stereo radiogram in the early 70s, a Russian made thing, a Rigonda if iirc.I remember it sounded quite lush :)
I've got 3 Rigonda radiograms tucked away in my parents' garage. I really must get round to sorting them out.... :oops:

Bluemessiah

Not now
Wammer
Jun 21, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My parents had a Nordmende radiogram, nice bit of furniture and quite advanced for its time with external speaker outputs and DIN connections. I nicked the speakers out of it when it made its inevitable one way journey to the dump.

pure sound

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 10, 2011
West Devon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
.....mad Germans scour their local boot sales and flea markets seeking discarded examples to plunder its rare & specific field coil speaker drivers.

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Proper analogue PS Graceland is a great musical-boppy album correctly played, and U2 JT from original analogue jolly good also.

Some achieve beauty from separates, others - maybe wisely - from all-in-one.

Music is in the ears/brain/body etc of the listeners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinchitshaw