What is a bake off?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, welcome. A Bake off is similar in many ways to a smaller version of Scalford. Someone will offer to hold a get together in his/her house. The guests will arrive on the due date with pieces of Hi

I think they used to be called Bake Offs as they consisted of blokes crammed into a small room with large valve amps on all day, making it 'baking' hot. These days the Wam seems to be keeping this na

All cakes sound the same.

Er, NO IT'S NOT!!!!!

keep-calm-and-eat-cake-2889.png

And breathe.....

:nup:

A Tesco Value sponge cake is perfectly adequate.....

:P

I wouldn't condemn it sight unseen (or untasted), but I doubt it would be adequate when compared with the cakes I like, as outlined above. It does rather depend on the specification. If based solely on number of calories, so much fat and carbohydrate perhaps, but there's more to cake than numbers.

Unlike HiFi.........

:sofa:

S

I wouldn't condemn it sight unseen (or untasted), but I doubt it would be adequate when compared with the cakes I like, as outlined above. It does rather depend on the specification. If based solely on number of calories, so much fat and carbohydrate perhaps, but there's more to cake than numbers.

Unlike HiFi.........

S

Taste is a funny thing Serge ;-)

Plato's lemon seed cake was certainly high end on Saturday, as is mayabaza's ginger cake on any day. Donna wifey cake and jane's fudge cake are reliable performers at every meet.

Unlike HiFi.........

S

I suspect it will have more colouration and a soggier bottom end......:minikev:

- - - Updated - - -

Plato's lemon seed cake was certainly high end on Saturday, as is mayabaza's ginger cake on any day. Donna wifey cake and jane's fudge cake are reliable performers at every meet.

Don't forget Mickyricky's chocolate overdose cake.

That's like being sucked into a velvet vortex.....

Don't forget Mickyricky's chocolate overdose cake.

That's like being sucked into a velvet vortex.....

Nope, they definitely add coloration. I think it's called the hypoglycemic coma affect, but I'm sure professor Serge will put me right.:^

S

WHAT!!

According to my wife that’s blasphemy.

Baking is all about numbers and measuring specific quantities.

Measurement of the exact ingredient is the only correct way to bake a proper cake.

No ‘bish bash bosh’ throw it all in and guess how long to put it into the oven, everything is specifically measured and calculated...

If it can’t be measured it’s wrong!

Er, Serg, have you met my wife?

WHAT!!

According to my wife that’s blasphemy.

Baking is all about numbers and measuring specific quantities.

Measurement of the exact ingredient is the only correct way to bake a proper cake.

No ‘bish bash bosh’ throw it all in and guess how long to put it into the oven, everything is specifically measured and calculated...

If it can’t be measured it’s wrong!

Er, Serg, have you met my wife?

Don't think so, but my wife says the same thing. Sounds more like chemistry than cooking.

S.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, they definitely add coloration. I think it's called the hypoglycemic coma affect, but I'm sure professor Serge will put me right.:^

Don't know anything about a hypoglycemic coma, but the idea of being sucked into a velvet vortex rather appeals.

S

Don't think so, but my wife says the same thing. Sounds more like chemistry than cooking.

S.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know anything about a hypoglycemic coma, but the idea of being sucked into a velvet vortex rather appeals.

S

The velvet vortex can only be found in systems that measure broken.:D

Nope, they definitely add coloration. I think it's called the hypoglycemic coma affect,

My next bake off will be for the unsung minority of overweight diabetic wammers, I shall be providing celery.

My next bake off will be for the unsung minority of overweight diabetic wammers, I shall be providing celery.

Have fun talking to yourself mate.:rofl:

I'm not diabetic as yet but the rest fits.....