What is a bake off?

7 hours ago, alanski said:

OK............. so I'm new to this site, but old to HiFi in general.............and since I'm having a few problems with my set-up, a Bake Off in Leicester/Coventry sounds like a good place to start. How do I find out if there is on in the afore mentioned area?

You're welcome to come over to my place just north of Coventry on Sunday 19th February as I'm having a few people over for the afternoon.

Edited by ijrussell
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, welcome. A Bake off is similar in many ways to a smaller version of Scalford. Someone will offer to hold a get together in his/her house. The guests will arrive on the due date with pieces of Hi

I think they used to be called Bake Offs as they consisted of blokes crammed into a small room with large valve amps on all day, making it 'baking' hot. These days the Wam seems to be keeping this na

All cakes sound the same.

• 4 years later...

Ask Boris  on Monday.

13 hours ago, Simon at Grammo said:

only just spotted this. Is the whole thing dead in the water or could it be ready for a comeback?

It's definitely ready for a comeback, the anticipation down here on the South Coast is palpable, as Yoda says just waiting for the go ahead from Boris, whenever that is.

Edited by wizmax

I'm ready for the sunlit uplands too.

• 1 month later...

2 BO's here in the south now listed + 1 in the west country.