I went and collected a new Yamaha toy last night...

Yamaha PX-2as.jpg

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK young whippersnapper - meet your grandad!

Got a couple of rather lovely Yamaha items in the listening room for review currently...

My NS1000 on Cliff Stone Foundation stands. Not to be replaced........EVER!

Posted Images

Hi all, 

Thought this may be a good place to ask a question or two. 

I have just agreed in principle to buy some Yamaha NS1000M. However they still have the original speaker terminals on the rear. I know that a little while back there was an abundance of replacements all over eBay. Typical now i need some, there aren't any around. 

I have been noodling around the internet and found these:

https://cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/st-925gm/terminals-speaker/dp/AV19960?mckv=sa5UjIit8_dc|pcrid|224645161149|kword||match||plid||slid||product|AV19960|pgrid|45968746254|ptaid|pla-369064496093|&CMP=KNC-GUK-CPC-SHOPPING&gclid=Cj0KCQiA7qP9BRCLARIsABDaZzhtwOW5tUuRCWUn8hKgfetCUxWpyffQbJwFVDHVjEZGi5l7ceuzGdcaAnVFEALw_wcB

I wont keep the binding post themselves as i have some very nice ones i wish to use but i wondered if one of you fine fellows would check the dimensions of the back plate to see if it will be a suitable replacement. 

Thanks in advance, 

Oliver

• 4 weeks later...

Any owners of NS5000 speakers on here? I’ve not found a UK owner yet. I had a demo in Sydney Australia a couple of years back on the end of high end MF Nuvista CD and amplifier. Sounded sublime....

• 2 months later...

YAMAHA A-S3000

I am now in the process of going over to the other side now that I have sold on all my Pioneer reference gear (other than the turntable) and picked this up the other week and glad I did this is simply such a superb amp and build quality up there with the best, and the cut glass bevelled panel to the vu meters is amazing.

4eWXqTdh.jpg

59OAjmCh.jpg

• Like 4

Yamaha NS1000.jpg

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, oldius said:

Yamaha NS1000.jpg

Nice speakers, lovely room and outstanding slippers 👍🏻

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, p147 said:

YAMAHA A-S3000

I am now in the process of going over to the other side now that I have sold on all my Pioneer reference gear (other than the turntable) and picked this up the other week and glad I did this is simply such a superb amp and build quality up there with the best, and the cut glass bevelled panel to the vu meters is amazing.

4eWXqTdh.jpg

59OAjmCh.jpg

First pic I've seen of a black A-S amp other than promotionals , very nice , getting a bit fed up with my silver one B|

• Like 1
1 hour ago, oldius said:

Yamaha NS1000.jpg

Did you buy the shoes to match the fire place?  

• Like 2
On 01/03/2021 at 13:40, Bazzer said:

First pic I've seen of a black A-S amp other than promotionals , very nice , getting a bit fed up with my silver one B|

Thanks, Funnily enough I would have preferred a silver one but then this one came up, and I was not sure how long I would have had to wait for a silver one to appear but still very happy, have to look out for the CD player now (In black).

• 2 weeks later...

My NS1000 forever speakers :x

50891540391_625dbbe31d_b.jpg
  • Like 4