turning japanese

netflix - anything good on there worth watching?

Another good French one - La Mante.  A variation on the classic serial killer let out of jail to help police, the twist is that the serial killer is the lead cop's estranged mother.

I've recently watched all 3 series of The Sinner starring Bill Pullman as a troubled (aren't they all these days?) detective. I really enjoyed series 1 where Jessica Biel was excellent as the main character but then it was a case of diminishing returns. I believe they've commissioned a 4th series but i don't think I'll bother. 
The first one was sort of watchable, the second one with the ugly child was okay but the third was dire. The story was utter nonsense. The Male culprit was either a terrible terrible actor or it was a combination of a bloody awful script. The female love interest was one of the worst screen actors I've seen. However her husband is a television higher up so that could explain her landing the role.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

On 17/07/2020 at 12:44, Pete the Feet said:

The first one was sort of watchable, the second one with the ugly child was okay but the third was dire. The story was utter nonsense. The Male culprit was either a terrible terrible actor or it was a combination of a bloody awful script. The female love interest was one of the worst screen actors I've seen. However her husband is a television higher up so that could explain her landing the role.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Agreed. The story was so far fetched it was laughable. The male killer was about as threatening as a fluffy cushion and a poor actor to boot.

As I say if series 4 comes along I wont be bothering.

The final season (3)  of DARK , don't have a drink when watching this as it's so complicated I have no idea WTF is going on , actually I'll amend that , have a skin full and you'll breeze through it O.o , highly recommended by the way .

18 hours ago, Phobic said:

Just finished watching Queen's gambit, quite worth a look even if you're not into Chess

Highly recommend this - the wife and I really enjoyed it and we have zero interest in chess.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Im 20 minutes into Queen's Gambit', but had to break off cos my daughter and i are on a simultaneous watching of the new series of 'The Crown' (recommended). (She's in Brighton, moi, Chichester)

In parallel I'm following the crime drama series 'Line Of Duty' (also recommended).

Jack NSM

Is the full series of the Crown on Netflix or are they releasing episodes on a weekly basis? We prefer to watch a series over a few nights rather than a few weeks otherwise we lose the plot.

We have currently started watching DNA on iplayer as recommended by Myles. It is by the writers of the Killing another Danish masterpiece.

Edited by Pete the Feet

Super Wammer
7 minutes ago, Pete the Feet said:

s the full series of the Crown on Netflix or are they releasing episodes on a weekly basis?

All episodes, we are on episode 6 season 4

Edited by greybeard
  • Upvote 1

On 18/11/2020 at 13:45, greybeard said:

All episodes, we are on episode 6 season 4

Started to watch the Crown. Diana looks a bit of a Muppet/Hobbit/something off Thunderbirds.

• Haha 1

The Method (subtitles) , a Russian maverick crime buster with his female protege , some weirdo evil doers .