netflix - anything good on there worth watching?

turning japanese

My Octopus Teacher

Excellent documentary - Oscar nominated - educational and emotional.

Very highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

The White Tiger. Set in India, a bright low caste young Indian man sees a chance to better himself by becoming a rich mans driver so he takes it. First he has to learn how to drive - - -. Both funny and yet quite dark in places. If you are expecting a rose tinted Slum Dog Millionaire type flick then you may be disappointed but it is in a similar ball park. Well worth a watch.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Netflix. Now I’m watching “the Crown”. The series is very beautiful and well-shot. When you look, you get colossal aesthetic pleasure. But the feeling of chewing gum does not leave, as if the director is afraid to overload the viewer's brain. Instead of showing historical action (what is happening in the world, behind-the-scenes wars, etc.) - one clear chewed line. Long scenes with kisses, silence of the main characters, etc. Therefore, the impression is very ambiguous. It would be cool if the entire series showed world history through the prism of the life of Elizabeth Il. But alas, no. Everything is provided for this story to last 10 seasons. Otherwise I liked Churchill and the scenery very much.

• 2 months later...
On 03/02/2021 at 20:37, Pete the Feet said:

The other night we started to watch a new series called Lupin. It is set in Paris and is supposed to be based on the Arsene Lupin stories about a gentleman thief and master of disguise. Well our hero is played by a chap who looks very similar in many ways to Luther or should I say Idris Elba. When he steals from the Louvre he first disguises himself as a cleaner who looks uncannily like Luther. Then he disguises himself as a multi millionaire who looks like Luther in a snazzy suit. Later he dons an orange jacket disguised as a food deliverer on a bicycle who looks uncannily like Luther. Later he kidnaps someone disguised as a  computer technician with stick on bushy eyebrows and an orange bobble hat who looks like Luther. Tonight we will watch another episode to see who he disguises himself as this time.

On 07/03/2021 at 21:52, leenorris78 said:

I liked this series.

Well its back for another series. Last night Luther or should I say Lupin donned a stick on moustache and a pair of those teeth that you used to get on a penny tray made of candy. I only noticed the cunning teeth disguise when he removed them. Unfortunately she wishes to watch further episodes and like a moth to a flame I am drawn. We will await to see what cunning disguise he wears tonight. 

• Like 1

I love Netflix. Now I’m watching “the Crown”. The series is very beautiful and well-shot. When you look, you get colossal aesthetic pleasure. But the feeling of chewing gum does not leave, as if the director is afraid to overload the viewer's brain. Instead of showing historical action (what is happening in the world, behind-the-scenes wars, etc.) - one clear chewed line. Long scenes with kisses, silence of the main characters, etc. Therefore, the impression is very ambiguous. It would be cool if the entire series showed world history through the prism of the life of Elizabeth Il. But alas, no. Everything is provided for this story to last 10 seasons. Otherwise I liked Churchill and the scenery very much.

• 2 months later...

I mistakingly tried The Defeated. Some nonsense about Berlin directly after the fall of Hitler and that crowd. It could have been so good considering the production quality but dearie me. We have an NYPD chap who has come to show the Jerry's how to set up a Police department and some supporting actresses who are not unpleasant to the eye. The acting reminds me of a certain genre of film where the dialogue is just incidental to the action that is about to take place. The Mrs continues to watch this dreadful series whilst I read and keep a wary eye out for the removal of clothes and ensuing action.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Dark - compelling, unique German sci-fi ish.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk