JBL

I'm scared......

The black ones are run with a BK XXLS400 Sub below 45hz.

Main system, based oh K2 9800, fully active, 15" JBL ME150H Bass, H9800 horn with 2452 compression driver with Truextent Beryllium diaphragm. Quad amps, XTA 224 speaker management/crossover.

These look magnificent. What is their history? Did you build them? How did you source the components?

Jim.

Some info here Jim, on PFM..http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=119290

and here;http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=136489

The components are sourced via members on Lansing Heritage.

Some info here Jim, on PFM..http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=119290

and here;http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=136489

The components are sourced via members on Lansing Heritage.

You are a very talented man!

Jim.

You are a very talented man!

Jim.

I just wish I could afford either yours or M2's Jim.

There is another K2 9800 owner fairly near you (Turning Japanese - Darren), he uses passive ones with Krell KSA100 and Conrad Johnson Art pre. Sounds very nice, he's based in Leek. Bob

Those clones look utterly brilliant. Heard a real pair driven by (IIRC) some McIntosh whilst in Bangkok 2-3 years ago.

One of the few speakers that I thought was likely to be an across the board and genuine improvement on what I already use. Awesome stuff.

Those clones look utterly brilliant. Heard a real pair driven by (IIRC) some McIntosh whilst in Bangkok 2-3 years ago.

One of the few speakers that I thought was likely to be an across the board and genuine improvement on what I already use. Awesome stuff.

Thanks, i've a mod in the pipeline to rotate the horn 90' a la Array series-a recommendation from Greg Timbers himself.

I thought my old Klipschorns were 'BIG speakers' but these are the real deal! If I hadn't got my Leak 3090s.......

I was fortunate enough to source a pair of 4435s from a recording studio in London. What can I say... They are unlike anything I've heard before, I guess size matters and you just can't deceive the laws of physics. As a result, out went Shahinian Obelisks (I thought I'd spend the rest of my life with them) and I'm having a major redesign of the living room just to accommodate the big JBLs.

Improvements in scale, bass and mid-range were predictable enough, but I was surprised by how much more believable treble is. Also, no bass boom at all, even though my room isn't that large.

IMG_7028.jpg

IMG_7208.jpg

IMG_7207.jpg.html

There is another K2 9800 owner fairly near you (Turning Japanese - Darren), he uses passive ones with Krell KSA100 and Conrad Johnson Art pre. Sounds very nice, he's based in Leek. Bob

cheers Bob.

• 1 month later...

Very impressive....but it's funny in Japan JBL's are loved by the Jazz crowd....so maybe it should be Let There Be Jazz!!

I was fortunate enough to source a pair of 4435s from a recording studio in London. What can I say... They are unlike anything I've heard before, I guess size matters and you just can't deceive the laws of physics. As a result, out went Shahinian Obelisks (I thought I'd spend the rest of my life with them) and I'm having a major redesign of the living room just to accommodate the big JBLs.

Improvements in scale, bass and mid-range were predictable enough, but I was surprised by how much more believable treble is. Also, no bass boom at all, even though my room isn't that large.

IMG_7028.jpg

IMG_7208.jpg

IMG_7207.jpg.html

Jesus wept! Glorious.

No covers naked is my preference.

Fab Job Frank - I wish I had the smarts to build a pair of K2s sadly I had to buy a pair but got them for a good price and they are great sounding - I keep wondering about trying valve amps with mine but not sure they will work on my occasional ACDC days

• oldius changed the title to JBL