chrismckay

Roger Water latest "The Wall"

If all he is doing is remastering and re-issuing the same old, it says more about the people prepared to buy it, he is not alone in this, there are plenty of 25 year anniversary remastered re-issued albums out there from all sorts of artists.

It is as much the label cashing in as the artist.

A mate used to write liner notes for CD issues of old music, the 'revisit the 60s, 70s, Mod, Rock, whatever' compilations.

They were cheap for the labels to issue as they already had the material, nothing needed to be re recorded, just repackage put a few decent tracks on it so it sounded good in the adverts and the rest were fillers.

He called it SOS work, I asked him what SOS meant and said 'Same Old Shit'

Not suggesting Waters et al are quite as bad as that but it does seem a cheap and easy money spinner.

If all he is doing is remastering and re-issuing the same old, it says more about the people prepared to buy it, he is not alone in this, there are plenty of 25 year anniversary remastered re-issued albums out there from all sorts of artists.

A mate used to write liner notes for CD issues of old music, the 'revisit the 60s, 70s, Mod, Rock, whatever' compilations.

They were cheap for the labels to issue as they already had the material, nothing needed to be re recorded, just repackage put a few decent tracks on it so it sounded good in the adverts and the rest were fillers.

Not suggesting Waters et al are quite as bad as that but it does seem a cheap and easy money spinner.

It's not so much the reissues that irk me, as the rehashing of a concept album that is 36+ years old. And not very good to start with. Repeated tours "performed in it's entirety" claiming to be "a new show" and one even claiming to be a "new concept" is flogging a dead horse.

Good morning Barney,

I am referring to the new album.

I was watching an interview with him on you tube about the remastered version of Amused to Death and he seems very much into sound quality on his recordings.

I realise "The Wall" has been released many a time in different guises, but i'm thinking that there will be top quality production to what is a timeless piece of work.....worth a purchase for me anyway!!!

It would appear that this is the soundtrack of the movie released as a triple vinyl , double CD and in a digital format.

It isn't The Wall a studio album by Roger Waters.

Careful Kevin, You get things for Christmas you talk about a month before.

It would appear that this is the soundtrack of the movie released as a triple vinyl , double CD and in a digital format.

It isn't The Wall a studio album by Roger Waters.

My understanding is that it is recordings from the recent tour....

Expecting much from a 72 year old is a bit unrealistic,

glad to see the old fellow is doing what he obviously enjoys

and enough people are happy to buy into it to make it worthwhile.

I'll stick to the seventies Floyd albums with a little left over rack space

for "The pros and cons" and "Amused to death" ( Some of Jeff Becks magic doesn't hurt }

My understanding is that it is recordings from the recent tour....

Yes you are right , they filmed the tour put it out at the cinema and now here is the soundtrack, btw I went to the tour twice 2011 and 2014 , haven't seen the movie yet.

Still avoiding latest on this fine writer-performer all of whose up to now I think I have/bought.

Seen the film, thought it was great but probably won't buy the new recording as I normally prefer studio recordings. Don't think the concert version will be as good without the imagery.

Didn't realise he's 72. Looks good on it.