What headphones???

Great cans. Very easy to drive, and silly value for money...

but...try before you buy. They're very ear-shape dependent. I could never get comfortable with them.

The 550s did nothing for me and I can only guess it was a fit issue. The 545s however fit me perfectly/sounded fab so make sure to demo

but...try before you buy. They're very ear-shape dependent. I could never get comfortable with them.

I have the AKG 551's, and while I very much enjoy the sound, I find the fit a wee bit tiresome after an hour or so. Not ideal, though I rarely listen for more than 80 - 90 mins.

I'll be spending a bit of time in the new year buying a few other pairs to try out: as someone mentioned above, I think your bonce / ear shape is a large factor - one mans comfy is another mans clamp

& they (the K550s) have a very particular sound that some users say is recessed. I found them comfortable to wear, but not particularly impressed with the sound, which I found had a very "closed in" quality. It's definitely a case of try before you buy.

I would have choosen the fostex th600

amazing with the hugo

but the sound come out from them a bit (like the denon old d series)

anyway, enjoy your momentum, i have a pair of over first series and i mvery satisfied with them

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to read about the 'closed in' sound of the K550s. I've had a pair for a couple of years. Originally used them with an Arcam FMJ A18. I found them to sound a bit bass-light and recessed. Having changed amps after going vintage, I prefer the way my Pioneer SA-510 drives them - a fuller, bassier sound. All down to personal preference though, so I'd listen before you buy. Build quality is superb and I do find them comfy.

Well I pulled the trigger on some unopened Sennheiser Momentum 2 over ears for £140 as they seem to be a bargain :)

They are indeed. Good price you've got and best in class for their price range for closed headphones. Compared with the B&W P7, I find Sennheiser performed well for all kinds of music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to hifi outlets - put as many as you can on your head (one pair at a time) and listen and buy the ones you like the sound of best :)