egg1dog

Controlling Tidal remotely using IPhone/IPad ?

Merry xmas everyone !

I am currently using Spotify and have just signed up for the 30 day free trial with Tidal but do not seem to be able to control remotely from my iPhone? I have downloaded the app but it just plays different tunes on my phone it doesn't sync like Spotify.

Have I done something wrong or is it not compatible with my iPhone ?

Cheers,

you would have to run some other program that integrates tidal and use that programs i/droid remote app.

For example you could run Logitech Media server with tidal , send it to a squeezebox emulator and control it with an ipad.

What is your exact path?

At the moment I am using my MacBook via usb into my Devialet. (I cannot use my wifi at present as it is not good enough for hires music streaming). So I just need something to use Tidal remotely and talk to my MacBook .

Cheers, Paul.

you would have to run some other program that integrates tidal and use that programs i/droid remote app.

For example you could run Logitech Media server with tidal , send it to a squeezebox emulator and control it with an ipad.

What is your exact path?

Use roon. it integrates tidal perfectly and can be controlled via ipad .. iphone is too small a screen.

roon itself is a tour de force.. but not free..

Amarra have a player for Tidal now, and apparently the app for ipad has just been released. Tried the main program last night, great sound but so far the user interface is somewhat behind Tidal itself, searching is a pain. The app might solve this however.

Thanks John.

Ive now looked into this and its incorrect that Roon integrates with tidal from an ipad

If you use Roon like Amarra or Audivana on a Lap top or computer (it costs $119 a year!) it will integrate with that and then you can use Roon Remote to control it

Not as the OP requested a solution so he can stream from his ipad with Tidal into his Devialet amplifier

As yet this is not possible but watch this space a Devialet fix is on its way

Ive now looked into this and its incorrect that Roon integrates with tidal from an ipad

If you use Roon like Amarra or Audivana on a Lap top or computer (it costs $119 a year!) it will integrate with that and then you can use Roon Remote to control it

Not as the OP requested a solution so he can stream from his ipad with Tidal into his Devialet amplifier

As yet this is not possible but watch this space a Devialet fix is on its way

I have Roon playing Tidal into an Aries streamer right now - integration.

Devialet needs to sign up to become an endpoint for Roon - it's not a fix.

Now that Tidal has secured $200M in funding Im reviving this thread in the hope that a nice product person from Tidal might read it and take pity on us lowly paying HIFI customers and give us some satisfaction. There is still no easy way to remote control a device playing Tidal over USB. Tidal do offer a lot of partnerships with high end audio streamers such as Auralic and Mytek etc who provide their own remote apps but none of these offer a native Tidal user experience, some use Spotify connect to allow control from within Spotify itself. The additional cost of a dedicated streamer device is prohibitive when a computer with USB to existing DAC does the same job. Just need to be able to control remotely without being tethered by a 5M USB cable. Roon is a possibility but I personally do not want to pay an additional yearly fee for the privilege when a a Tidal Connect type feature would close this gap. In my experience the only way to get good quality sound from Tidal is over USB. Airplay, bluetooth etc are inferior and USB only works from a wired device. Come on Tidal lets see some love for the HIFI users with a native connect feature. When Spotify finally release their own version of hi res streaming sometime after they get that pesky IPO out of the way I would switch back as Spotify is still more user friendly.

Now that Tidal has secured $200M in funding Im reviving this thread in the hope that a nice product person from Tidal might read it and take pity on us lowly paying HIFI customers and give us some satisfaction. There is still no easy way to remote control a device playing Tidal over USB. Tidal do offer a lot of partnerships with high end audio streamers such as Auralic and Mytek etc who provide their own remote apps but none of these offer a native Tidal user experience, some use Spotify connect to allow control from within Spotify itself. The additional cost of a dedicated streamer device is prohibitive when a computer with USB to existing DAC does the same job. Just need to be able to control remotely without being tethered by a 5M USB cable. Roon is a possibility but I personally do not want to pay an additional yearly fee for the privilege when a a Tidal Connect type feature would close this gap. In my experience the only way to get good quality sound from Tidal is over USB. Airplay, bluetooth etc are inferior and USB only works from a wired device. Come on Tidal lets see some love for the HIFI users with a native connect feature. When Spotify finally release their own version of hi res streaming sometime after they get that pesky IPO out of the way I would switch back as Spotify is still more user friendly.

I would like an app to control it too.
As a workaround for now, I mirror the laptop screen onto the TV. Then use the Bluetooth keyboard/trackpad from my iMac to control it.