Goldie01

Adding a DAC and Hattor passive preamps

I'm currently feeding my Pass power directly from the CD variable output stage but as I want to explore streaming I've been looking into adding a pre to accommodate an additional DAC source. Would a passive-pre fed by a DAC and CD be the way to go ? If so, I stumbled across Hattor which look kind of neat but there is vey little info on them. Has anyone come across them?

http://www.hattor.pl/

A friend of mine has one on order, it should be here all being well this week, I will let you know how it performs as Im interested in getting one myself

They look rather similar to the Khozmo preamps here:

http://www.khozmo.com

The casework isn't as fancy which makes them cheaper as a result. Granted there's no tube stage available on the Khozmo website.

Its the same guy mate, he is selling the Hattor as a higher end option, why he is re-branding Im not sure

They look rather similar to the Khozmo preamps here:

http://www.khozmo.com

The casework isn't as fancy which makes them cheaper as a result. Granted there's no tube stage available on the Khozmo website.

Super Dealer

Hi, YMMV but most /many/some people prefer their dacs thru active res rather than passives. I've tried it myself and prefer the active option even tho I need little gain into my power amp. Worth trying both options before you take the plunge?

I think the Khozmo guy makes the Hattor ones too, they are both listed on the same eBay page.

I want to get a Khozmo one with the remote control after building new speakers.

Its the same guy mate, he is selling the Hattor as a higher end option, why he is re-branding Im not sure

That makes sense as they're near identical apart from the added bling (which I rather like).

Check the prices. That's why. It's a hell of a lot for a resistive passive, whichever way you look at it, and good though they unquestionably are.

Check the prices. That's why. It's a hell of a lot for a resistive passive, whichever way you look at it, and good though they unquestionably are.

Have you you used / heard one of his passives ?

I really want want one the bling free ones.

I have one doing nothing as it happens. Bling free, wooden cheeked, dual volume pot. Can't remember how many inputs, maybe three? Transparent, adds and subtracts nothing, PM if you are interested :)

I have a Hattor on order from him. This is a special made up to order and I will report back when it arrives.

Hi, I am on the process of having one too, he should be building it right now!

Have you got yours? Can you give us some feedback? Thanks :)

I spoke to Arek and thought about one. He offered me a good deal. The Hattor has a remote that can operate the channels as stereo or dual mono. Has more upgrade options. I do not like the Hattor bling compared to the Khozmo.

Heard one of these tonight round a friends house, these are very very good, at some point I will get to hear it in my own system