anubisgrau

A premium Japanese loose cables - which one?

I'm heading to Japan in about a month or so and this time I set myself a task to buy some quantities of bulk top end Japanese cables for various interconnects I plan to DIY. I'm pretty much fed up using a much hyped vintage Hitachi (okay for what it costs and that's about it), it's audibly a bottleneck in my current system (Oris Swings, Thomas Mayer 300b, EMIA AVC,...) and they were beaten clearly not once by various local silver or gold DIY efforts.

I know the brands like Acrolink, Oyaide, Furutech....etc but I have no idea what particular model to look for. Generally my system loves silver pretty much everywhere I tried it so far, especially around vinyl front end. Apart from that, I don't know what should I add. I don't need to EQ, I don't need to add anything, I only need an absolute transparency and clarity - I get enough musicality from the rest of the system.

I need the cables for the following positions:

- tonearm rewire

- turntable - SUT

- SUT - phono preamp

- phono preamp - line preamp (passive, AVC)

- CD player/DAC - line preamp

- line preamp - power amp

Thanks in advance for any recommendation you may have...

PS - Last time in Hong Kong I also saw bulk Audio Note cables, though it clearly looked like AN UK to me.... not sure if any of Kondo or ANJ cables exist in a bulk form.

I'll give you your first five answers, it should save time.....

1) why?

2) just buy Van Damme blue

3) Twin & earth is just as good

4) 79 strand QED is adequate

5) Only idiots buy expensive cables

;-)

You can buy Van Damme off the reel as bulk cable and terminate it yourself and it will be cheaper than the cables you're suggesting. If you want branded connectors then maybe they might be cheaper in Japan but again you can get unbranded alternatives much more cheaply.

You should buy this stuff it's dirt cheap and what every HiFi shop in Japan uses it to wire up their speakers http://cheaptubeaudio.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/pic-from-second-japanese-article.html

I'm heading to Japan in about a month or so and this time I set myself a task to buy some quantities of bulk top end Japanese cables for various interconnects I plan to DIY. I'm pretty much fed up using a much hyped vintage Hitachi (okay for what it costs and that's about it), it's audibly a bottleneck in my current system (Oris Swings, Thomas Mayer 300b, EMIA AVC,...) and they were beaten clearly not once by various local silver or gold DIY efforts.

I know the brands like Acrolink, Oyaide, Furutech....etc but I have no idea what particular model to look for. Generally my system loves silver pretty much everywhere I tried it so far, especially around vinyl front end. Apart from that, I don't know what should I add. I don't need to EQ, I don't need to add anything, I only need an absolute transparency and clarity - I get enough musicality from the rest of the system.

I need the cables for the following positions:

- tonearm rewire

- turntable - SUT

- SUT - phono preamp

- phono preamp - line preamp (passive, AVC)

- CD player/DAC - line preamp

- line preamp - power amp

Thanks in advance for any recommendation you may have...

PS - Last time in Hong Kong I also saw bulk Audio Note cables, though it clearly looked like AN UK to me.... not sure if any of Kondo or ANJ cables exist in a bulk form.

Don't buy any Audio Note cables, UK or otherwise, from anywhere other than authorised distributors. That stuff you saw in Hong Kong will be fake.

If you want to try making your own silver cables, you can buy Neotech silver cable off the reel from hifi collective here in the uk