cdg

A box full of Valves - help needed

if any say this I'd be interested:

6201/12AT7

GE 5965

Sylvania 6JN6

Telefunken ECC81

Valvo blue label

No problem I will let you know and I won't forget either (using this thread as my list to refer to). I just might need some help recognising these valves as alternative names too - for example is a Telefunken ECC81 labelled 'only' as an ECC81 or could it have other names too?

At least I can test the valves first which is a bonus.

LOL

In the same vein, if any say WE300A or WE300B then I might be interested too :nuts:

Again, as a novice on valve / tube labelling - please give alternative names if there are any.

Again, as a novice on valve / tube labelling - please give alternative names if there are any.

Don't sell anything until you know its real value

vultures-2.jpg

6201/12AT7 is the same as ECC81.

It's unlikely you'd have these - thye are rare and as pmac is "hinting" they are worth good money..

I have no problem offering good money for them. ;-)

SP

No problem I will let you know and I won't forget either (using this thread as my list to refer to). I just might need some help recognising these valves as alternative names too - for example is a Telefunken ECC81 labelled 'only' as an ECC81 or could it have other names too?

At least I can test the valves first which is a bonus.

Well I'm back from the Weekend after visiting Nick (Fourlegs) registered here on the forum - I must say both he and his lady are very accommodating - I wish to say thank you both very much for your hospitality.

The great thing of course is that Nick has a great valve tester (Avo 163), however the bad thing... I was not at all organised! There are so many different types of valves in the box that it would be a pain having to dial the Avo to a different setting each and every time I plucked out a different valve type. We at least tested 3 from the box just to see if they were likely to be OK - and fortunately all 3 passed - so that's a good sign.

I also took the Consonance Cyber 10 Signature up for Nick to listen - and whilst it was there I took the opportunity to test those TJ Meshplate 2A3's. Nick's main system sounds incredible - but the Consonance did not discrace itself in such exalted company, "especially" when the 6LN7 valves in the Consonance were replace by a pair of Psvanne's Nick had in his arsenal, that was a revelation for me! The combination of Psvanne's and TJ Meshplates were superb in the Siggy.

Anyway I have a lot of sorting to do so that when I return to Nick's I'll be prepared, and we can dial up the Avo 163 once for a whole bunch of the same valves, etc etc.

I will certainly need some help with valves I cannot identify that are not labelled - so will post pictures accordingly.

Once again, thank you Nick! And thank your good lady for the tea and coffee.

Super Wammer

Chris,

It was great to meet you as well. For other wammers they will know my 845 amps from having heard them in Harv's room at Scalford but you had the benefit of hearing them through my Spendor S100 speakers which I must say I like a lot. I have had those speakers from new since about 1992 and they have never sounded as good as they do with the 845 valves and MFA passive preamp.

Just to correct you, it was the 6SN7 valves that we replaced in your Consonance amp with some of my Psvane CV181-TII valves. (and boy did they make it sing). I have sorted out a spare pair and will post them down to you to try in your own system.

I was also mightily impressed with the TJ meshplate 2A3/n valves in your amp. I might have to sell a kidney and have a go with some in my 2nd Audios and I admit to having put put a few feelers to some Chinese suppliers already (I can't seem to find any UK suppliers). The valves seem to have such a lovely open sound and with good bass as well.

You are right that the Consonance did not disgrace itself one little bit.

Chris,

Just to correct you, it was the 6SN7 valves that we replaced in your Consonance amp with some of my Psvane CV181-TII valves. (and boy did they make it sing). I have sorted out a spare pair and will post them down to you to try in your own system.

Thank you, I'm really looking forward to listening to those (my bad) Psvane CV181-TII valves in the context of my setup here at home.

When I get organised, you can try my Croft 25/7 (pre/power) - see how that fares too with your loudspeakers - it's all good experience for me and you no doubt about it (what was that coffee again?).

Super Wammer

Alta Rica by nescafé