Guest MJ.

I've finally found speakers that work in my nightmare small room

Guest MJ.

As many on here will know, over the past couple of years, I have literally tried a dozen (or more) sets of speakers in here (sub £250, it has to be said), from Pro-Ac Tablettes to Royd Minstrels, from Snell K's to Castle Kendall's, Rega RS1's to Q Acoustic 2010's, via Yamaha actives, little JBL's and Audionote AX-2's, Dynaudio DM 2/6's (?), the list goes on :(. Nothing has been quite right until now.

9 times out of 10, the problem has been bass related but also dynamics, occasionally imaging, you get the picture.

Anyway, I have finally found some that work !! :) and I've just plonked them down, roughly positioned, on stands that are 20 cm's too low for them and everything is groovy. Well controlled, fairly deep (not bloated), textured, believable bass :D, open and sparkly treble and a sweet midrange. Casn't quite believe it to be honest.

So, what have I bought myself I'm sure you are dying to know ?

Well, they are -

$_1.JPG

Some old Heco Celan 300's.

Well rated on here and pretty much cost buttons. Sorry for the verbal tirade but had to tell somebody. One VERY happy bunny :)

Guest MJ.
You'll probably find getting them a little further apart will help with the imaging.

:rofl:

Are these the ones that Nick had (not a massive narrowing down I know)? If so, very good.

Admin

Pretty sure it's the same model.Always sounded impressive at Nick's,with the large and varied range of amps/sources he used with them :)

Pretty sure it's the same model.Always sounded impressive at Nick's,with the large and varied range of amps/sources he used with them :)

Indeed they are.

Guest MJ.
Are these the ones that Nick had (not a massive narrowing down I know)? If so, very good.

Hi Stephen,

Yes, they are. Really quite silly good for not very much money :)

Edit: Oops, answered for the man himself :)

Guest MJ.
Hi Stephen,

Yes, they are. Really quite silly good for not very much money :)

Edit: Oops, answered for the man himself :)

A FREE solution to the problem :geek:

Photo%2019%20-%20The%20Hi%20Fi%20Company%20Chair%20with%20Myles%20Astor.jpg

This is by far the best method l have seen of numbing one's hand.:^:geek:

They're a bit modern looking for you Mike!

Anyway, pleased to hear they are making you happy and long may they continue to do so. (I give it about a month! :D )