Modified speakers on Gumtree - I'm at a loss for words

markwsf

Eeee. Kids of today. My first speaker (it was just the the one - the other was in the mono autochanger record player) was a beer crate, with the gaps between the wooden slats filled with rolled up newspaper. I then sprayed the whole with black car paint. A length of solid core BT cable connected the valve amp to it via a jack plug. I would like to say it sounded ok....... I would like to, but it rattled awfully. And I kept getting belts off the amp. I was only 13.

Is there a SE + model?

we hope you hang around - as you seem to have a sense of humour :)

+1 :^

we hope you hang around - as you seem to have a sense of humour :)

What is your location and kit? Don't be shy. :D

Good on you moddedspeakerguy, I see you're approaching this with a great attitude.

Having your project from when you were 12 actually work is an improvement on most of the things that I, ahem, "improved", more so that they're still around.

Go on, put them on the classifieds here. Opinions vary of course, but to my mind they won't be the least sensible purchases available on there!

I reckon there's room for at least one more pair of tweeters in that hole...

...as the actress said to the bishop...

+1 :^

+2

Can't believe that. The bar stewards told me they were one of a kind when I bought mine...

I know the drivers are probably not the greatest, but it wouldn't be a bad way to experiment going active before tackling something more ambitious (and expensive) like Yamaha NS1000s, Tannoys or 801s.

Might even be a surprise what happens to even cheap drivers if driven with decent out of band filtering.

S.

I know the drivers are probably not the greatest, but it wouldn't be a bad way to experiment going active before tackling something more ambitious (and expensive) like Yamaha NS1000s, Tannoys or 801s.

Might even be a surprise what happens to even cheap drivers if driven with decent out of band filtering.

S.

Yep, all speakers sound the same :^;-)