BBC streams incompatible with my DAC?

avinunca1

I am running LMS on a MacBook. I am using the BBC DASH plugin. I get a loud high pitched whistle/data noise when I use my Pink Triangle Ordinal DAC instead of the SBT internal DAC.

Tidal however is fine as well as anything I receive from an internet radio station on the SBT itself.

If I select the BBC the noise starts and continues until I

select another source like Tidal.

I would prefer to use my Ordinal DAC as SQ is better.

The problem occurs running LMS on my Windows laptop too and with other BBC plugins.

I imagine this is something to do with the data stream being incompatible with my DAC unless anyone knows better.

Any advice please. Thanks Michael

I am running LMS on a MacBook. I am using the BBC DASH plugin. I get a loud high pitched whistle/data noise when I use my Pink Triangle Ordinal DAC instead of the SBT internal DAC.

Tidal however is fine as well as anything I receive from an internet radio station on the SBT itself.

The problem occurs running LMS on my Windows laptop too and with other BBC plugins.

I imagine this is something to do with the data stream being incompatible with my DAC unless anyone knows better.

Can you connect your Windows laptop directly to the dac and play something from a BBC radio station web page?

Hmmm, wonder if your DAC's unhappy at 48kHz? I think your DAC will only do 44.1kHz. The Pink Triangle DACs were often upgraded with different filter chips, so I think you have an Ordinal with an earlier filter...

It should be possible to set it to only output 44.1. I wonder if there's a setting in LMS. TBH it might be best to ask on forums.slimdevices if there;s a settign which doesn't involve custom convert.conf

I have asked a question on the slim devices forum. Thanks all.

BBC is often outputting 5.1 surround, try and switch that off?