Issue

wickerman68

Paid for some speakers on the Wam but then had to pull out due to money issues so asked for a refund which the seller wont do (the speakers are still with the seller).....the reply is below....am I in the wrong?

unfortunately we are in a poor financial position ourselves, the majority of the speaker money was my sons and he'd already spent it on upgrading his amp and speakers.

I've had to sell my valve amp and downgrade significantly to diy pre/power amps, I did this to pay for car repairs and to fix a damp patch in the living room, sorry but I can only help by keep advertising the speakers and acting as intermediary for you,

No - one is in the wrong; you bought some speakers, he spent the cash then you realised you needed the money elsewhere. Just unfortunate really....

If you agreed to buy them, and sent across the money, then you have a contract, I would say. If then the vendor agrees to keep hold of them and send them to your purchaser, to save postage, it seems reasonable. I don't really see how you can claim you didn't have a deal.

It's a sticky one and on the face of it I'd say that as you've paid for them you have bought them and the deal is complete. What was the time between paying and asking to cancel?

I'd suggest getting him to send you the speakers and the relisting them yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and this really should be in the pub area not 2ch