mosfet

Worth watching on Amazon Prime

"Mr Robot" was fascinating and "Goliath" hugely addictive, Billy Bob Thornton and William Hurt both superb. Just finished "Start up" which was equally addictive. Martin Freeman's best part yet after "Fargo", a superbly told tale, I would heartily recommend it.

Just started watching Goliath, very good so far, Billy Bob Thornton superb

Ripper Street last series, superb, sad to see it end

Edited by daveyu

The Search, a French made film about the second war in Chechnya. No bullshit Hollywood heroics, just a very moving film.

41R+wCOaFfL._PI_PJStripe-Prime-Only-500p

26 minutes ago, Pete the Feet said:

The Search, a French made film about the second war in Chechnya. No bullshit Hollywood heroics, just a very moving film.

41R+wCOaFfL._PI_PJStripe-Prime-Only-500p

if you are into french movies about war... this will definitely do the trick. Noe - the original french title was deemed offensive, so it was changed...you'll be greetin' at the end.

'Days of Glory'http://220px-Indig-film_zpsqk9ozaqz.jpg (2006 film)

220px-Indig-film.jpg

the take , set in france with idris elba had to be renamed after it was originally bastille day . you can guess the rest . its gripping stuff on prime

Several months ago I watched the first episode of The Night Manager and found it to be a bit naff, especially the weakly portrayed femme fatale. However after hearing that it was worth sticking with I watched the lot and it developed into a decent mini series.

As I'm on bed rest for a few days after some cortisone injections yesterday I have been doing plenty of reading and watching of the box. I've just finished watching Sneaky Pete after much hesitation for some reason. That was quite okay and some great acting in it. The grandparents were wonderfully portrayed and Bryan Cranston was his usual  brilliant self. Even if he did often have to deliver some dialogue in over extended speeches/monologues.

I'm  not sure what to delve into next as I have a few days of this and I'm already getting a bit restless.

Just watched this:

51YmGYzjqSL._AC_US160_.jpg

A well made drama series about the French secret service. Some interesting characters which develop as the series goes along. Not the usual gung ho action hero stuff, just a decent drama. I believe there is now a third series out but it is not yet available on Amazon Prime.

Edited by Pete the Feet

The Americans set in the Reagan administration. A couple of Russian spies posing as Americans with their young family. Unbelievably an FBI agent just happens to move in over the road and his job is to locate them. That apart it's not too bad with some decent and not so decent acting bordering on lignum vitae. Pact and interesting. The leading man is played by a Welshman Mathew Rhys although you wouldn't guess it. Well worth a watch.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

The Day Will Come. Based on the true events of what happened in a Danish orphanage in the 1960's. The cast are superb. Sofie Grabol who starred in the Danish and much much better version of The Killing is her brilliant self. The two boys who are the key characters are outstanding as is Lars Mikkelson who plays the brutal headmaster. This is a TV mini series I think as it was in different parts and it is well worth a watch.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4659056/

MV5BNDg0NzY2NTA2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjU3

Undercover a Bulgarian made series about an undercover cop who infiltrates his way into the criminal underworld. His mentor and police contact is the only one who knows of his existence is brilliantly portrayed as are the main villain Jaro and his sidekick Ivo. This series really grows on you and has some tense edge of the seat moments.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Bosch season 3. Did I really enjoy the first two or is Titus Welliver seriously overacting with the tilt of his head? His daughter also wants throwing over the parapet of his hillside home. Muscle bound Irvin Irving hasn't floated to the surface as yet, maybe he's waterlogged as does happen with most wood when left submerged too long. Its a struggle, maybe I'll leave it for a rainy day.

• Like 1

Super Wammer
On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 21:05, Pete the Feet said:

Bosch season 3. Did I really enjoy the first two or is Titus Welliver seriously overacting with the tilt of his head? His daughter also wants throwing over the parapet of his hillside home. Muscle bound Irvin Irving hasn't floated to the surface as yet, maybe he's waterlogged as does happen with most wood when left submerged too long. Its a struggle, maybe I'll leave it for a rainy day.

I really enjoyed the first two seasons, but have found myself struggling with the first 4 episodes of season 3. Also there seems to be a lack of Jazz, compared to the first 2 seasons, I picked up some good stuff from those.