mosfet

Worth watching on Amazon Prime

Good news !  OUTLANDER is back for it's fifth season. A good yarn with some awesome music and scenery too.
maxresdefault.jpg

I watched the first couple of series. Is it still full of gratuitous humping? I see the villain who liked to give it Jamie up the kilt has been playing another villain in the Crown. Mind you he deserved punishment for the syrupy overuse of the term sassanach. It put me right off the series I can tell you. She was a bloody hopeless actress particularly when in the voice over commentary but she does look rather tasty.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Super Wammer

Just started watching Hunters, very taratinoesque, and so far quite good:^

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail/B07ZPHVVM2/ref=atv_hm_hom_3_c_HdZNg2_afAKbr_1_1

Funny, I just noticed your upvote of Picard in this thread and now reading your mention of Hunters ...... just as I watch ...... episode 1. :)

Hunters is kind of ridiculous in one way, yet I want to stay with ti and see what happens as well. Its probably going to one of those shows where you think, yes this was a good idea, but it was executed badly. Yes, this is another drama that suffers from the Hollywood malaise with some dialogue and situations just being utter cringe.  Well we shall see how it goes. So far its a bit of both really.  

Give it a go. Trouble is, even if its continually cringe-worthy, once you get involved in a drama you kind of have to see what happens !  I got involved like this with Sky's show, Cobra with Robert Carlisle as PM, which was utter cringe garbage but could have been a good show if only. I just had to see what happened but by the end thought gee what a waste of my time. Hunters is far better than Cobra though.

• Like 1

Stick with it Clothy.  Biff and the Colonel need somone rooting for them!

• Sad 1

Oh I will.  Not sure who they are though, yet. 

I like the Tarantino films including Inglorious Basterds btw.  I'll enjoy this show too, except in this I did detect the Hollywood malaise in the writing and some of the dialogue. But I'll forgive it and enjoy the show. 

While writing this I did look up who Bif is. Ah yes, it was too good to be true eh Meninblack. I thought at first you were engaging in friendly conversation about something of mutual enjoyment. No, you were at it again. :roll:  But no Meninblack, I won't be rooting for the Nazis thank you. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I tell you how I oppose their ideology and way of government, you always seem to think you can divine some other belief I 'really have' :nup:. Up your bum. 

By the way , on the subject of Nazis hiding and also of their continuance in follow on generations, I am one who is persuaded by writers that it went much further than we think from seeing the odd documentary on things like Operation Paperclip. It was the tip of an iceberg. With certain branches of US occult institutions there was what I call 'the merger'. The automatic response for many is to cry tin foil hat but that won't put me off. I am convinced there were far more people and money involved than we thought and that over time this became so tangled up in institutions and process we think of as normal albeit often hidden, that its extremely difficult to tell apart let along un-entangle. There were some who saw what was happening and tried to warn of the mistake in dealing with the devil but it was too late. The odd nasty Nazi being fingered, assassinated or prosecuted were of those not essential to that world and it may have seemed to most that they were of a few that had got away till then and that hunting down 'the Nazis' had been more successful than it was. 

Super Wammer

A French film in French, HOLD YOUR BREATH.

An earth disaster movie that isn't toooo ridiculous and is actually good in execution. Better than a typical Hollywood effort in the genre. 

After geological disturbances, a lethal brown gas emerges from the ground. It rises but seems to stop at a certain level, for now. How to escape ? Gas masks ? Roofs across Paris ? Will the gas subside ? Is it everywhere ?  To complicate things, the daughter is living in an isolation pod due to a rare medical condition, which needs battery swapping.Where are the batteries ? - ah down below. 

Yep, its a pretty good drama. Most of these things are terrible but Hold Your Breath pulls it off. They managed to keep the disaster scenario relatively plausible and kept it simple. They put the complication into how to overcome obstacles to survival and on the theme of devotion to one another.

The film also has the title Just a Breath Away and is not to be confused with another film going by Hold Your Breath. I lead with the latter however because that's what Amazon list it as.

• Like 1

The Family Man, an Indian series tackling the serious matter of terrorism yet the main protagonist has two kids who are hilarious. It has been dubbed into English but you may need to also use the English subtitles. Stick with it for 20 minutes and you may enjoy it.