Magico S5 and a bit of madness

steelhull

Oxford audio are brilliant. I own a nuvista 800 and heard the same combo and it did sound very good (amongst several others before settling on the 800). I also heard it with some Wilson's which I thought were also very good. I'm surprised they are pushing the 800 as they weren't that complimentary when I demoed and they pushed me towards the devialet. I home demoed them both and with my speakers the 800 sounded much better (my view and not a criticism of the devialet).

kj have a ex demo pair at 33k and put the rrp at 38k

http://www.kjwestone.co.uk/collection/magico-s5-gloss-grey-ex-demo/overview

Both my brother and a friend have Magico S5s.

Great speakers and a lesson to all that ported bass is compromised.

Vitus and Accuphase amps suit them very well [something with excellent timbre as the S5s are capable of revealing it beautifully].

They would be wasted on Devialet.

Hi Phillim

Can you clear your inbox?

Always wanted to hear the Magico's, they're supposed to be very good. Don't think I could bring myself to spend that kind of money on something that looks so unattractive though.....

• Upvote 1

I have decided on a home Demo!!!

Thanks for all the comments. I looked hard at Knipester's link but if things go wrong??...

I can, of course, send them back, AND my wife may have a view! Although the music system is in a secondary living room, her study is at one end and she hates black.

More anon

Mike

The new S5 Mk2s are meant to be significantly better than the Mk1s.

Mike: I will be fascinated to hear what you think. Full report in time please. :^

Thanks for all the comments. I looked hard at Knipester's link but if things go wrong??...

I can, of course, send them back, AND my wife may have a view! Although the music system is in a secondary living room, her study is at one end and she hates black.

More anon

Mike

Why not have a little weekend break over to the Netherlands with the better half?

wow a home demo ....can we all come for a bake off !!

Yep, sometimes you hear a loudspeaker and you just know that it is now your Dream Machine.

I recall that happened to Ted with his TADs, and it sure as hell happened to me with MBL.

Follow that dream! :^:)

• 6 months later...
On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 19:10, steelhull said:

More anon

Mike

What happeened in the endk K?