Sign in to follow this  
Bazzer

The Euros 2016

Bobby Charlton was asked how he thought the England team of '66 would have fared against Iceland. " I think we'd have won 1-0 " he replied. "Only 1-0?" Said the reporter. "Yes," said Bobby. "Most of us are in our 70's now!" ��

Copied from elsewhere:cool:

:rofl: Just like England's performance, that's laughable.

I think you need to ease up on the Carlsberg :pint:. Probably not the best stimulant in the world ;-).

Probably would improve English teams.

Another fine 1st half in 1st quarter-final last night, then predictably appalling 2nd half-e.t. between a coupla sides Po vs Po who disappointed me in their dire e.t. matches previously last Saturday. Well done Port Ron for getting through 5 matches with no win in 'normal' time. Almost another 'selfishy' with Ron ...

I hope that tonight Bale and Hazard and all of the others do their stuff, It or Germ entertainers tomorrow and hosts-Island on Sun.

I am all for e.t. in exciting matches.

What a goal that was.

Super Wammer

Brilliant, what a result!

I was asked at the group stage about who was playing well in the Euros. I said the usual four, Germany, Italy, Belgium, and France. This reminds me of the Premier League, where the usual contenders are Man. City, Chelsea, Arsnal, Man. Utd. (Leicester & Tottenham the exception to the norm).

It got me thinking which team England would be if they were a Premier league team. Sadly I have come to the conclusion, it would have been Newcastle ( Now relegated). Like England, the last time they won anything was in the 1960's. They always promise so much, and deliver so little. They have devout fans who follow them all over the world, for usual disappointment. The best manager both teams had was Bobby Robson. Both teams are now run by incompetents who appoint the wrong managers.

Well done Wales, you showed the rest of the U.K. How to play, and how to win.

:notworthy:

Super Wammer
I enjoyed that! Wales v Iceland in the final?

I enjoyed it too. Just goes to show what teamwork can achieve, unlike 'our' overpaid, underachieving 'stars'.

I enjoyed it too. Just goes to show what teamwork can achieve, unlike 'our' overpaid, underachieving 'stars'.

Many of the Welsh team come from the same "overpaid" clubs, come from the same academies ........England don't have team or system and haven't had one for years. Our qualifying group was straightforward enough for us to have sorted that out, but Roy and the previous incumbents have never managed to develop that system and teamwork ethic.....

Well done Wales