pgarrish

Wammers Album Club Tues 5th July , Bon Jovi - New Jersey

0e1a3112-bb44-40e0-af7a-0c868bcd1625?w=800

Air Guitars/Drums at the ready for an album of irresistible rock ! For those of you of a certain age (fortysomething, just like me) this will bring back memories of school discos and yelling along with these tracks with your mates whilst trying not to get your leather tie tangled up. I know they're not cool, but I bet you're singing along before the end of Bad Medicine, and you'll be there at the end remembering just how good this made you feel.

Spotify

Bo Jo? Doh! You just can't get away from Brexit...

I'm expecting this to be fun for a few minutes before the smell starts.

Will see. Was never a fan of the Jovi.

Forty something , I think I can remember that , Bon Jovi past me by I do remember Wanted Dead or Alive , probably everyone does.

Got a soft spot for Bon Jovi, I saw them on the first tour they did of the Uk when no one knew who they were.

Their music was the back drop to quite a few interesting evenings in my teenage years, hehe. :bouncey:

Big thumbs up just for the memories. :^:^

Guest MJ.

Never been a fan but more than willing to give it a spin.

Grim :nup:. Possibly a low point for the WAC :shock:, Couldn't manage more than a couple of minutes of this :sick:.

:td:/5 on the M'eh scale.

Oh dear.

Not only is this tedious, but Jon Bon Jovi is a prize asshat.

I remember working at BBC in Borehamwood when they were filming top of the pops.

Some of the "stars" would keep to themselves, others would mingle in the bar or canteen; I remember having a long chat with Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age about motorbikes - he was wearing a MotoGuzzi tshirt so I couldn't help myself.

However, when Bon Jovi were on, he insisted that the staff canteen was to be for the exclusive use of him and his entourage. So 500'n'odd employees had to find lunch elsewhere.

Oh dear.

Not only is this tedious, but Jon Bon Jovi is a prize asshat.

I remember working at BBC in Borehamwood when they were filming top of the pops.

Some of the "stars" would keep to themselves, others would mingle in the bar or canteen; I remember having a long chat with Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age about motorbikes - he was wearing a MotoGuzzi tshirt so I couldn't help myself.

However, when Bon Jovi were on, he insisted that the staff canteen was to be for the exclusive use of him and his entourage. So 500'n'odd employees had to find lunch elsewhere.

Good one.

That story & the triple neck guitar should give us a good idea where we are with this WAC choice.

2/10 for it being a slightly guilty pleasure.

10/10 for having the balls to post it though:D

memories of school discos

I think this sums it up , I probably would have liked this if I'd been of that age when it was out, it was T.Rex in our time , of course I was far too cool to be singing along to Telegram Sam ;-)

I think this sums it up , I probably would have liked this if I'd been of that age when it was out, it was T.Rex in our time , of course I was far too cool to be singing along to Telegram Sam ;-)

Nowt wrong with Telegram Sam - at least when it's done properly!

[video=youtube;FZYoeFNoOrM]

It sort of wants to be Springsteen at times (track 5), but the lure of empty, Pespi, stadium cock-rock is too strong to keep that influence afloat.

Bad Medicine is quite fun (in an empty, Pespi, stadium cock-rock way).

Overall though this is a bad album. I very much doubt they'd have gotten anywhere with a fat, ugly lead singer.

Derivative, unoriginal, vacuous.

I'd recommend some classic Van Halen to cleanse the smell.

Nobody want to slag it off then ? :P You're all too old and playing it too quiet I reckon

Good one.

That story & the triple neck guitar should give us a good idea where we are with this WAC choice.

2/10 for it being a slightly guilty pleasure.

10/10 for having the balls to post it though:D

and 11/10 for claiming to only be in his forties. :P

I've not heard this in many years and it sounds like an over-enthusiastic tribute band. 2/5

Clearly nobody yet has played this loud enough ;-). Great choice Paul. Slippery when Wet for next week's choice?