Just purchase Target/Sonus R4- then you will see why ProAc's love high mass, it is not subtle.:geek::)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Roadster25 said:

Gents,

Apologies if this is re-covering old ground.  Been using my Tab 10s on a pair of Something Solid SL24 stands, but see that high mass stands are preferred for these.  I'm tempted to invest, but before I do can anybody give me an idea of how the sound of these great little speakers will change?  I haven't had too much experience of different stands.

Thanks

This is a hard question to answer, unless you've tried these speakers on both the SS stands and a high mass stand.

If I had to guess, I would expect that the sound would become fuller, with more robust bass, but you would lose some of the "speed" as the sound could appear a little slower and more plodding.

Thanks Chaps, very useful. I’ll give the suggested Atacamas a go when funds allow.

9 hours ago, Tarzan said:

Just purchase Target/Sonus R4- then you will see why ProAc's love high mass, it is not subtle.:geek::)

I have 1SCs on Target R4s.  Take them off and they don't actually work at all.. Well they make a noise.

• Haha 1

As an experiment, I’ve dug out an old pair of Nexus stands and filled them with sand.  Far from high mass, but they are definitely a happier match with the Tab 10s. Will definitely be acquiring something heavier.

Anyone got any thoughts on a fair price for a pair of second hand Proac 140’s? Thanks

Edited by thewestfield

On 23/10/2020 at 17:27, thewestfield said:

Anyone got any thoughts on a fair price for a pair of second hand Proac 140’s? Thanks

You’ll have find someone prepared to part with theirs first....

On 23/10/2020 at 17:27, thewestfield said:

900 -1100 pounds ?  

Thanks. I’ve been struggling to find any that have been sold and hence what price they go for. 

• Like 1

proac prices are very variable , 2 years ago 125 was about 350 quid , then they starting creeping up and now around 600 ish !! 

keep your eye out on the proac FB group . just occassionally they point to some 140`s