Slightly Athletic

Jolida fx III dac valves

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Nearly bewildered said:

Do the cool dampers extend the life of the valves?

Yes I think they do - they don’t just damp the microphonic vibrations, they act as a heat sink to cool the valves too, as per their name, which would help to extend the life of the valves. They are too small to fit most output valves, but for el84s they work fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rdale said:

Yes I think they do - they don’t just damp the microphonic vibrations, they act as a heat sink to cool the valves too, as per their name, which would help to extend the life of the valves. They are too small to fit most output valves, but for el84s they work fine.

Thanks..ill.pass that information onto my mate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update :

Yes the ck5755 are brilliant in this dac. they eventually opened up/more of everything/holographic sound blah blah blaadie blah

Very recommended upgrade. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a pair of raytheon 5755 recently.

I purchase the adapters from china and after suitable isolation tried them tonight.

At first one channel was missing.

After swapping around a couple of times, both channels were there.

But, one channel hums through the speakers which is noticable on quiet tracks.

The other hums quite loudly.

Have i done something wrong or are these just crap/defective converters?

I am using them in a jolida fx2 dac.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, nut said:

I bought a pair of raytheon 5755 recently.

I purchase the adapters from china and after suitable isolation tried them tonight.

At first one channel was missing.

After swapping around a couple of times, both channels were there.

But, one channel hums through the speakers which is noticable on quiet tracks.

The other hums quite loudly.

Have i done something wrong or are these just crap/defective converters?

I am using them in a jolida fx2 dac.

I would imagine its more likely to be the valves than the converters. I had a dud NOS one a week or 2 ago (no hum though) got it replaced.

Edited by michaelgb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, michaelgb said:

I would imagine its more likely to be the valves than the converters. I had a dud NOS one a week or 2 ago (no hum though) got it replaced.

I bought then off aos so no reason to think valves are bad.

When one channel was missing, swapping the valves made no difference.

When both were working, gain was considerably down on the ecc83.

The one that hummed a lot dropped out again.

Surely, a valve doesn't drop out and then back in again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.