Sign in to follow this  
patbarrydub

Sonos wireless sub...

just found out what's on my Christmas wish list, available in black too (for a change!).

http://www.sonos.com/en/shop/sub-white.html?utm_source=announce-c&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cta-WO&utm_campaign=WhiteSub

Edited by patbarrydub

Ive been using a player/sub/play:1 system for a couple of years now, whilst not DTS or any of the HD surround formats its extremely good, as you've said the waf factor is pretty high too.

have to say the white looks nice and will finally be a match for the 1/3/5's in white. My sub is a matte black finish which they seem to have discontinued now? hasn't picked up any marks since I've had it so it seems a shame they've dropped it..

I just bought the Connect last week. The sub is expensive for what it is, and quite weedy, although ok for a small room.

Possibly I've missed somrthing, but it seems to me the equivalent of something you'd pay £50 for if it was wired, yet it costs a small fortune.

It looks decent enough, but I've always positioned subs so they can't be seen, so that looks a bit of a waste to me. For that money, you could buy a really good sub, and pay someone to install the wiring if you really wanted to.

Wireless is not the answer to everything, and often it causes more issues than it solves.

Why? That is the simple question I would ask. Does it power itself in some exotic way, or does it require mains supply? If the latter (almost certainly) then it's got a wire going to it. In which case it might as well have two, and do the job properly.

I have no issue with buying stuff for aesthetic reasons. Our AV system has to look good. However, I can tuck the sub behind things and run cables under the carpet.

The price in view of the stated specs is frankly insane.

Wireless is definitely a lot more handy for people who hate clutter or any sight of wires I suppose. I do agree with rabski with the paying a huge sum of cash for the 'wireless' feature. I have the Orbitsound BAR A60 which comes with a wireless subwoofer, and that was all for £400. I'd never really heard of Orbitsound before browsing at John Lewis and having a few demonstrations there. The Sonos sounds incredible but I couldn't fork that amount of cash out.

4 minutes ago, SoundG159 said:

Wireless is definitely a lot more handy for people who hate clutter or any sight of wires I suppose. I do agree with rabski with the paying a huge sum of cash for the 'wireless' feature. I have the Orbitsound BAR A60 which comes with a wireless subwoofer, and that was all for £400. I'd never really heard of Orbitsound before browsing at John Lewis and having a few demonstrations there. The Sonos sounds incredible but I couldn't fork that amount of cash out.

I agree. However, as before, it presumably needs a power supply, therefore it will still have a wire.