Sign in to follow this  
stormyuklondon1

3 month free Tidal hifi with captune download

apologies if this has already been posted, but I downloaded the Sennheiser app to try and it gave me the option of a free 3 month subscription to Tidal, including Hifi..

https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/captune-headphone-sound-app

If your not going to carry it on, just remember to cancel the subscription, If you do it straight away, the trial is still live for the three months but doesn't auto renew afterwards.

• Upvote 2

Super Wammer

i tried it then switched to quobuz

I started on Spotify, tried Qobuz and Tidal and now back on Spotify. I did perceive a slight improvement with the latter two but found the usability and library of Spotify superior. Aside from the cost the real deal breaker for me was the fact I need no server running when using Spotify on my Squeezebox Touch. I'm really hoping Spotify goes lossless soon but as a customer I'm definitely up for grabs, as are many I suspect. I'm waiting for one of them to offer me it all, which currently none of them do so it is a case of what works best for me currently.

Super Wammer

I believe it's about personal choice with streaming services and it's nice to have the choice too. However I decided to go with Tidal. I am very happy with the service and sound quality. I have Tidal integrated in Audirvana Plus on my Mac mini. I also use Tidal integrated on my Bluesound Node 2 on my main system and enjoy the off-line content on my iPhone through Bluetooth in my van.

I will only purchase hi-res albums I really like through qobuz , more so when they come with a pdf of the album booklet.

If Tidal collapsed tomorrow I'd have no hesitation to go back to iTunes or use Spotify.

I'm a Spotify user.  I had a month's trial of Tidal and was quite surprised by how much better it sounded;  I'd previously assumed that all modern acts used autotune, but it turned out to be compression artefacts on Spotify.  What put me off paying for it, though, was that (as bluedroog found) the search was almost unusable on a Squeezebox Touch (although I felt that the catalogue was better for me), and it wasn't worth the additional cost for the amount I'd use it.

I agree that Tidal Hifi sounds better than the competition, included Deezer Elite which as it's uncompressed, should be pretty similar. There is an annual subscription which lowers the cost to $11 a month for Hifi, which I ended up taking.

Edited by jbcortes

I agree that Tidal sounds better than the competition, included Deezer Elite which as it's uncompressed, should be pretty similar. There is an annual subscription which lowers the cost to $11 a month for Hifi, which I ended up talking.

Hi.
Just started streaming tidal through my PRE60 and it sounds excellent.
Turns out you can get 3 months free tidal with Primare as well.
However please can I ask,where did you find the annual subscription deal which brings it down to 11$ a month, I cannot find it anywhere?