Sign in to follow this  
mattykyuss

WANTED monitor audio

I used to have a pair of these i did enjoy them make sure you tune them to your room with some dry sand or atabites (someone told me cat litter??) in the base,

I have a pair of rosewood MA14's which I would be happy to sell but they are mark 1's with the silver coloured tweeter. They are in pretty good nick for their age. Where are you based ? I'm in Leeds. 

No. I bought mine in early 90's and the model was upgraded to the gold tweeter around the same time. They withstood many upgrades as well as demo's of other models. One of the favourite floorstanders in this period were Mission 753's but my MA14's showed them a clean pair of heels. It is only sentimental reasons that has made me keep them so long. If you can organize delivery to Plymouth they are yours for £50, but I guess this will be unworkable. I no longer have the grilles btw.

Thanks for the offer ,and yes if they had silver tweeters then thats cool ,not alot of info on them,going to stick with my monitor audio r152 for now ,unless i can find a pair local ,cheers again for the offer,mat

I had the mkI (twice) and mkII but never side by side to compare.  I've never seen the mkI with the gold tweeter in the rectangular front I've only seen that earliest gold tweeter in the R952 gold (and maybe the R852 once).  Possibly once in the 1200 but most of those I recall seeing (i.e. once or twice) are the square type of the 14 mkII.  If anyone has a 1200 pair going spare I'd be very interested in them myself.

(Sorry if I'm hijacking with that last comment!!)

I have :

2 - monitor 9/gold speakers

2 - monitor 9/gold mkii

2 monitor 14 gold mkii

black boxes  minor nicks and dust. All speakers bright & shiny  

$1000 takes all 

I have :
2 - monitor 9/gold speakers
2 - monitor 9/gold mkii
2 monitor 14 gold mkii
black boxes  minor nicks and dust. All speakers bright & shiny  
$1000 takes all