Jump to content

Your Pet Photos


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kirk: 'Spock, that's a Flatcoat Retriever' Spock: 'Fascinating...' Fascinating by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Watching the Postman... Harley by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

We're so lucky to have large areas of cool, sheltered woodland on our doorstep - Harley (4 months) and Emma (7 years) showing they're such great pals already: Friends for life by Boxertrixter, on

Posted Images

Rocket Dog sleeps where he likes.

51073782878_014e336052_b.jpg
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Re-charging his batteries (generally takes around 10 mins) before bouncing back into 'Tigger mode'. :D

Shnozzle
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23/03/2021 at 21:13, oldius said:

Blue Bess and cuddles.jpg

Blue and Bess.jpg

Are you going to introduce us to the handsome pooch on the left? We know all about the one on the right! :love:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

A brand new edition to our collie family, meet Alfie, he's now ten weeks old, what a handful....but adorable.

Alfie

mac

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
Posted (edited)
On 25/04/2021 at 20:41, Jules_S said:

Are you going to introduce us to the handsome pooch on the left? We know all about the one on the right! :love:

Sorry, I thought I had. This is Bess. She is a 2 year old Bulldog/Beagle cross. She was rescued from a puppy farm in Ireland that was closed down by the police and animal welfare. Fortunately, a rescue centre in Swansea took all of the dogs but, as you can see, she had been abused from birth. The last shot is from the rescue centre just a few days before we adopted her. She arrived just 7 weeks ago and has already developed hugely. She had mange, was malnourished, had little fur on her feet and legs, had had at least 2 to 3 litters (she is 2), and had been fed on biscuits soaked in water to make her feel full. She had never been on a walk and would not allow human contact. She has now gained 2kg, all her fur is back and she is enjoying life. She has a true best friend in Blue, who has been incredibly supportive of her. We are blessed.

20210323_110633.jpg

20210324_112743.jpg

20210324_110033.jpg

20210329_180724.jpg

Bess rescue.jpg

Edited by oldius
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Geoff - what uplifting images, and an equally uplifting story. A precious life, saved. :)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Harley, waiting for Emma to finish her school homework...

Waiting to play
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
24 minutes ago, Gromit said:

Geoff - what uplifting images, and an equally uplifting story. A precious life, saved. :)

Thank you. She is doing really well. Anyone who buys a puppy just needs to see the parents and their living circumstances because the price of puppy farming is so great.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, oldius said:

Thank you. She is doing really well. Anyone who buys a puppy just needs to see the parents and their living circumstances because the price of puppy farming is so great.

The thought of the misery those poor dogs go through makes my blood run cold. :(

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator

Today, in the park. So lucky to have 200 acres just 1 minute from the house.5aa3e9a115bd4b7316eca8f89da18b00.jpg19caeb8cd83d176926126d868978fa12.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/05/2021 at 07:09, oldius said:

Sorry, I thought I had. This is Bess. She is a 2 year old Bulldog/Beagle cross. She was rescued from a puppy farm in Ireland that was closed down by the police and animal welfare. Fortunately, a rescue centre in Swansea took all of the dogs but, as you can see, she had been abused from birth. The last shot is from the rescue centre just a few days before we adopted her. She arrived just 7 weeks ago and has already developed hugely. She had mange, was malnourished, had little fur on her feet and legs, had had at least 2 to 3 litters (she is 2), and had been fed on biscuits soaked in water to make her feel full. She had never been on a walk and would not allow human contact. She has now gained 2kg, all her fur is back and she is enjoying life. She has a true best friend in Blue, who has been incredibly supportive of her. We are blessed.

Oh my goodness Geoff, what an absolute stunner she is turning out to be, and congratulations to you for taking her in and giving her such a loving home. It certainly looks as though Blue and her are getting on famously! 

I cannot find the words to describe my total hatred for the sub-human lowlife scum who run those puppy farms - who on earth with even the slightest shred of humanity could conceive of treating another sentient creature in such disgraceful ways? If I had my way, that recent (welcome) revision to the animal cruelty act would have included the reintroduction of mediaeval torture techniques to be carried out on all convicted scum - the more painful and prolonged, the better. They deserve to know absolute pain.

Anyhoo, on a lighter note, Bulldog / Beagle - that's quite some cross! Is it too soon yet to see her natural personality coming through?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
Posted (edited)
On 10/05/2021 at 18:04, Jules_S said:

Oh my goodness Geoff, what an absolute stunner she is turning out to be, and congratulations to you for taking her in and giving her such a loving home. It certainly looks as though Blue and her are getting on famously! 

I cannot find the words to describe my total hatred for the sub-human lowlife scum who run those puppy farms - who on earth with even the slightest shred of humanity could conceive of treating another sentient creature in such disgraceful ways? If I had my way, that recent (welcome) revision to the animal cruelty act would have included the reintroduction of mediaeval torture techniques to be carried out on all convicted scum - the more painful and prolonged, the better. They deserve to know absolute pain.

Anyhoo, on a lighter note, Bulldog / Beagle - that's quite some cross! Is it too soon yet to see her natural personality coming through?

Thank you, Jules. Some people would kill another person just for a few quid and, in this case, force a dog to become pregnant, repeatedly, and then take her pups, sell them for £3k a piece and repeat. When the market is there, some will serve it, no matter the consequence. They are sub-human and could not even care for her properly, or even feed her so that her pups were healthy. 

Fortunately, the rescue centre specialise in such cases and were pleased to hear of our bull-breed experience and of Blue's rehabilitation from her tough start in life. I am self employed now and have designed my work around the dogs: I am in the house all day and have a lots of time to devote to them. They have settled in to my routine and just sleep together while I am working. As soon as the laptop lid closes, they know that it's their time.

She has a lovely personality and is a gentle spirit but a spirit, nevertheless. She enjoys a good play-fight with Blue even though Blue sounds like she's going to give her the death of a thousand deaths; she simply moves her face towards Blue's head and bites it if the going gets too tough. Blue loves her though so it's all mouth and shoulders and no teeth! She has started to approach people in the park and is lovely with other dogs. Blue is protective of her but her confidence and gentleness has begun to soften Blue's boisterous edges. I'll add some shots from our first camping trip with her, shortly.

Edited by oldius
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...