Super Dealer

Recently the sound in my room has become increasingly edgy and I am worried that my cables might be tired and emotional could they be suffering from stress?

I noticed that some manufacturers  de-stress their cables before releasing them into the wild ,obviuosly this service isn't cheap, what does the panel think ,would a short holiday do them some good?

As you know, I don't get involved with cable threads as they always degenerate into 'I know what I hear' and 'No, you must be deaf' type responses, but your plea has touched my heart, so felt compelled to help. 

Yes, of course you must provide for a holiday for your cables. You can't expect them to keep on working day in day out, with no respite. It's inhuman, and will  only lead to revolution when your cables will refuse to conduct further, and insulate. Then where will you be ?

I suggest a twenty-first version of the Grand Tour with plenty of cultural visits, perhaps to the Fenice in Venice and La Scala in Milan to recalibrate their reproduction of Operatic performances, the Concergebouw for symphonic performances, and perhaps the Rockpalast festival for something more aggressive,  ending up at Glastonbury for that outdoor experience, including somewhat muddy sound it's so known for.

Doing this for your cables will let them know you care, and they will repay your love for them by conducting electricity for another twenty years.

You know it makes sense, so do the right thing.

S

• Upvote 1

Super Dealer

A world tour would probably be less expensive than having them professionally de-stressed, shaken not stirred.

Keith

Super Wammer

Is it not possible to have the cables de-stressed on the NHS?Ttssk, I don't know what the Health Service is coming to.

Edited by Gizza

9 minutes ago, Gizza said:

Is it not possible to have the cables de-stressed on the NHS?Ttssk, I don't know what the Health Service is coming to.

If they're foreign cables, the NHS won't do it for free, so you might as well go private. Brexit will only make that worse, and I pity foreign cables getting help when they need it. We may see a lot more cables sleeping in doorways as there's no-one to care for them. 

Keith, act NOW to save your cables' wellbeing.

You great big bloody sissies....just measure their LCR and if they are low enough then put them back in circuit.

Cables can not make any difference and provided the numbers are correct then you should completely ignore whatever you hear. Just look at the graphs/measurements and if they are good then you are just bloody deaf. You lot of blithering idiots. Do you not know that the point of a hifi system is to provide great measurements (it does not matter of what). Now stop listening and get measuring.....

It is a waste of time and money worrying about cables. If your life is that screwed spend the money on counseling.

Super Dealer

I trust my ears and I know that five years ago my cables even though the rest of the system was completely different  were more cheerful sounding and care free, even my wife who lives in Portland noticed their doleful tone.

keith

Super Wammer

All the way from Oregon?

Marconi would have been proud.;-)

Edited by batteredhaggis

31 minutes ago, George 47 said:

You great big bloody sissies....just measure their LCR and if they are low enough then put them back in circuit.

Cables can not make any difference and provided the numbers are correct then you should completely ignore whatever you hear. Just look at the graphs/measurements and if they are good then you are just bloody deaf. You lot of blithering idiots. Do you not know that the point of a hifi system is to provide great measurements (it does not matter of what). Now stop listening and get measuring.....

It's all very well abusing defenceless cables, expecting their LCR properties to go on unchanged day after day, but the time will come when the worm turns. The French Revolution and the Bolshevik Revolution of 1917 will be picnics in comparison to the carnage wreaked to hifi systems and their owners should cables ever organise and strike  back. Nobody will be safe.

However even without the threat of revolution, it is just human decency to treat cables with the same respect and dignity we would all wish for ourselves.  Make sure they get decent working conditions, not just because of fear of the consequences of doing otherwise, but  because it's the right thing to do. Treat cables as  equals, and they will continue to provide the sterling service they have been doing for years.

Just measuring their LCR parameters and tell them to get back to work is dangerous and just unethical.

S

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SergeAuckland said:

If they're foreign cables, the NHS won't do it for free, so you might as well go private. Brexit will only make that worse, and I pity foreign cables getting help when they need it. We may see a lot more cables sleeping in doorways as there's no-one to care for them. 

Keith, act NOW to save your cables' wellbeing.

Bloody foreign cables...coming over here and stealing our Watts...

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, batteredhaggis said:

All the way from Oregon?

Macaroni would have been proud.;-)

Fixt...

I'm pasta caring :?

10 hours ago, SergeAuckland said:

It's all very well abusing defenceless cables, expecting their LCR properties to go on unchanged day after day, but the time will come when the worm turns. The French Revolution and the Bolshevik Revolution of 1917 will be picnics in comparison to the carnage wreaked to hifi systems and their owners should cables ever organise and strike  back. Nobody will be safe.

However even without the threat of revolution, it is just human decency to treat cables with the same respect and dignity we would all wish for ourselves.  Make sure they get decent working conditions, not just because of fear of the consequences of doing otherwise, but  because it's the right thing to do. Treat cables as  equals, and they will continue to provide the sterling service they have been doing for years.

Just measuring their LCR parameters and tell them to get back to work is dangerous and just unethical.

S

So you say....

But it will start with cables and then you will find amplifiers complaining about having to work with impure electricity, CD players having to correct bad data day in day out, badly pressed CDs complaining about been born in factory farming conditions and loudspeakers.....don't get me started on loudspeakers......And then they will all want to form a damn union and go on strike. until the government reduces VAT on hifi.....

Bloody Trotsykists the lot. I have paid my money and they will work 24 hours a day, perfectly, day in day out..... 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, George 47 said:

So you say....

But it will start with cables and then you will find amplifiers complaining about having to work with impure electricity, CD players having to correct bad data day in day out, badly pressed CDs complaining about been born in factory farming conditions and loudspeakers.....don't get me started on loudspeakers......And then they will all want to form a damn union and go on strike. until the government reduces VAT on hifi.....

Bloody Trotsykists the lot. I have paid my money and they will work 24 hours a day, perfectly, day in day out..... 

I hope you never have a son who tells you they want to be an amplifier when they grow up. 

S