Stop it! :D

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After 15 week wait, they’re finally here! 

My ATC40A's have now arrived after a 6-8 week build time; and I can only concur. Just 2 boxes now; Innuos Zen Mk2 server, Audiolab M-Dac+ (integral volume control and headphone out) and active speaker

Well, out of the blue & about 2 weeks earlier than expected, my SCM40a’s arrived today!  A bit of a rush over to the dealer to pick em up & drop off my Kanta2’s that we had agreed a p/ex

Posted Images

Looks like the ATC SCM40As have sold already, not surprised.

Can I join your club? I'be been using active ATCs for twenty years, starting with SCM100 ASL pros, and latterly these, with the "new" tweeters freshly installed. Staggering.

ATC 1.JPG

Tweeter mid.JPG

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Blzebub said:

Can I join your club?

I'm not sure he should be permitted...

Those are probably my end-game speakers. :^

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Griff500 said:

I'm not sure he should be permitted...

Those are probably my end-game speakers. :^

Thank you for the compliment, but be careful what you wish for! My previous room was truly enormous, and I wanted the 300As. Phoned Bob Polley, who very couteously talked me out of it. They are super-helpful at ATC and give good advice. I ended up with these, including the optional "Anniversary" amp packs, and couldn't be happier, especially with the tweeter retro-fit. I think the current room I'm in is about as small as you can go with these (6 x 5 x 2.3m).

I’ve now waited the 50ASL’s for almost three months. They’re four weeks over the original 8 week quote for the delivery. This is getting really frustrating. My dealer told me they should be on their way at the moment but has difficulties getting tracking info from ATC, weird stuff. 

Btw. My 40A’s are going to my dealer in exchange. Matte black pair from 2019 soon available, shipping from Finland though. 

I think ATC has a heck of a lot of work at the moment. My speakers just had a ten-week holiday there, for tweeters & a recap, which avtually suited me (just moved back in after a major re-model of the house), but would have been frustrating at other times.

20 hours ago, Blzebub said:

I think ATC has a heck of a lot of work at the moment. My speakers just had a ten-week holiday there, for tweeters & a recap, which avtually suited me (just moved back in after a major re-model of the house), but would have been frustrating at other times.

Welcome to the club. I had my 50A`s serviced and brought up to the ASL spec which included the new tweeter a couple of years ago. It was just like getting a new pair. The tweeter was the icing on the cake with a cherry on top :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, alexh said:

Welcome to the club. I had my 50A`s serviced and brought up to the ASL spec which included the new tweeter a couple of years ago. It was just like getting a new pair. The tweeter was the icing on the cake with a cherry on top :D

It's great that you can do this and the prices I have seen listed don't seem unreasonable at all.

I asked them about power cables for my move to Czech and they sent me some Schuko cables. Worth bugger all money but it's a really nice touch.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Customer service is exemplary IMHO. Just so good to know there are folk like this out there, earning a living of course but really making you feel like the customer is king.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I checked with HQ and the proposed price increase that was going to take effect on 1 April has been put off to 1 May.  Rumour is it averages about 8%.  Price lists not available yet. 

That applies to the Hifi range that most of us own, but the Pro side has gone up as planned apparently. 

I found a UK dealer who has already published the new prices on their website. Whoops!

SCM40 up from £3750 to £3990. Just £240 more for what is presumably a big seller.  SCM40A up from £6800 to £7400. £600 more.  Just as Rick posted above.  

A bit more of a hike on the smaller 11, with an over 10% increase, leaving the SCM7 and 11 new prices at £950 and £1450.

• Like 1

Wow, that is quite a big increase, I think my SCM40 MK2s (in pristine condition) for £2500 were a good buy. And my MK1s going for £1500 also seems pretty reasonable.

I sense the Mk1s being the age they are now, are dropping in value, even though they offer 90%-95% of the SQ of the Mk2s.