Sign in to follow this  
JamPal

Mojo and Polly, anyone had a listen?

Has anyone got a Chord Mojo? I've been tempted but it's a bit expensive for me frankly. The news from CES about this makes it even more tempting though! This is what was missing for me: http://www.hifiwigwam.com/chord-electronics-poly-brings-wireless-network-and-sd-playback-to-the-award-winning-mojo-dac/

Thoughts? Experiences?

Super Dealer

Been thinking along the same lines Jim. Would need to pick up a cheap 2nd hand Mojo to be tempted to add the Poly to it though. Alot of cash brand new for both. 

The combo looks great though IMO.

Edited by Spin Care Vinyl
  • Upvote 1

Ive got a mojo, i use it with my macbook or iphone and obravo erib-2a in ears. Personally i think its worth every penny, it drives the obravos brilliantly. Poly's released in March i believe, very interested to have a play, so ill pop into audio sanctuary when its there for a listen.

Edited by stormyuklondon1
  • Upvote 1

The price takes it out if my league. But it is what was missing I think... . Maybe in a few years there'll be some second hand ones knocking about. 

For the bundle RRP price, it may happen that soon-to-be-released NuPrime Omnia is much better (and more interesting) alternative. It's DAP/DAC/Headphone amp/Streamer  based on open Android platform, so effectively you can install your own apps natively. It's a mini/portable computer in it's own right (there is a docking station too) designed and engineered specifically for audio duties, with some really surprising audio integration features (namely modular DAC/headphone amp board design with true balanced XLR output)  I was watching developments for the last few months with great interest. You may head over to AudioCircle for more detailed information:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=146441.0

Edited by incognito73
Link update ...

I was in the market for a mojo but as I'll be mainly using it on my commute I found the mojo too much/too good for it and just bought a audioquest dragonfly red.

Maybe in time I'll get a mojo, but two under 5 now control my spending.

Super Dealer

I just wanted to add to this thread to say I took the plunge and purchased a Mojo + Free case from Peter Tyson. They really hold their value second hand wise, so I just treated myself to a new one. There is a definite improvement over listening directly through my phone. Haven't compared against my laptop yet.