bristol show 2017

hifinutt

I am sure you are aware one of the biggest hi fi shows is fast approaching . well worth a visit . I will be there Friday

http://www.bristolshow.co.uk/

• Upvote 1

Someone once told me it was the smelliest and no bugger buys anything:D

i might pop in on the sat on way back from the boxing at York hall.. Most likely 'small bar' would be frequented too for some tasty ale. 

Edited by atomic606

There tomorrow - Friday. Happy to meet for a Wam coffee at RipoffBucks early doors. 

I'd be delighted to meet up. My first port of call will be caffeine injection point upstairs but my train arrives Bristol Temple meads sometime after 9:30 and given the walk and faff, could not expect to be anywhere prior to 10:15 so understand if you places to be, things to buy.  I presume you will have a giant "W" badge on your tweed shooting jacket.

Recognise me by the dark glasses, trilby hat, trench coat and rolled up newspaper.

* or not perhaps...

Edited by Clubsport911

I'll be there in the Sota room which is a MarkAudio shoot off. Mark Fenlon, driver designer and Dr Scott Lindgren speaker designer (Frugel Horn et all) will both be there too. I'd love to see those of you that are coming, come and introduce your selves and have a chat. It all worked when we left the room last night so hopefully still works this morning!

I'll be there in my fetching Wigwam wear.....

15 hours ago, HiFiWigwam said:

Rachel and I would be delighted to say hello to anyone going to Bristol, we will be there all day tomorrow.

George47 is going and maybe we should all meet up for a coffee? 

we'll be there tomorrow at some point - we are driving down tonight - staying over tonight, then nice dinner on Saturday night and home on Sunday.  I can normally be spotted in Gin related T-shirt........

Edited by gintonic

Good show today, despite the crazy traffic. We had loads of visitors although mainly trade today. Hope to see some of you tomorrow 😀

Loved the Arcam Atmos demo. £50ks worth and his opening line was:- " today we are demonstrating our soundbar"😎

absolutely fabulous show . really enjoyed it . good to see max and sue Townshend still there with their goodies . dave brook from MCRU always has some tempting stuff . really well worth going .

my favourite was the new kudos 707 prototype soon to go into production at 13,700 quid . lovely imaging and sense of realism . the naim system obviously doing a good job . the second time I heard them I had to go out as far too loud . these babies were pretty good waf factor weighing about 50kg and would fit well in many rooms. I believe there will be a 606

another little gem was this leema quasar all in one dac/amp/streamer which made a very good attempt with some atc 50 passive . at 13k for the system it was pretty good

next best for realism and texture was the audionote room with a m2 pre and 2 audionote power amps [I believe they were 18watts]

the new dynaudio contour at 7500 was big bold and very well finished and not bad at all

it was realty good to see esoteric at the show with a full rack of their very high end stuff with merecedes build jap mmade amps etc

so many good rooms and very enjoyable from spendor with the d9 , and the astin trew new amp

well worth a visit chaps

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hifinutt said:

absolutely fabulous show . really enjoyed it . good to see max and sue Townshend still there with their goodies . dave brook from MCRU always has some tempting stuff . really well worth going .

Yes, I enjoyed it also. Could have done with more time actually, or another day but glad I visited.

Very impressed with ProAc (as always) and the small DB's that were showing in their room.

Heard the massive set up and demo by B&W also, which was very impressive after a long wait in the queue. Have to say the 800's in stereo were excellent, would love to spend a lot more time with those. Then they give it a 2 + 2 with their new subs (2000+ watts dual firing 12" a piece if I'm not wrong). Anyway, the subs even though not really needed,  added to their already impressive performance. Then they went full AV with some new big 804 rears and a large matching centre. Not a system that many will ever own but very impressive none the less.

Some great exhibits there all round and well worth the visit this year I thought. More time was needed for me really though especially with the travelling, I skirted over many demos way too quickly.

Very strangely I only took one photo! as I'm usually snap happy (and it wasn't even of equipment). Took a photo of a rather interesting album one man asked to have played, and this is it. Definitely one I will add to the collection now.

Oh, and the cellist was a pretty cool musician as well, heard him play a little in the foyer, then caught him again at the Audio Note room demonstrating his recorded material on their system.

Great day out in all!

20170224_130035[1]hm.jpg

Edited by eddie-baby