what classical music are you listening to now ?

Posted (edited)

Another fine example of Claves Record Label (Nb. can be found at the end of this compilation [CD 5] - https://www.claves.ch/products/claves-records-switzerland-40-years-of-passion-the-five-most-wanted-recordings?_pos=11&_sid=64c56dfe8&_ss=r ):

(2008) Bruch: Violin Concerto No. 1 - Paganini: Violin Concerto No. 1 / CD 2808 - Claves Records

Edited by CnoEvil
  • Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shostakovich Symphony #11 “The Year 1905” What a powerful musical experience! Writing more about the Russian put down of the uprising in Hungary in 1956 than the events in czarist Russia when hun

It's Beethoven's birthday, folks.  250 years young today.    A gift to the world. 

Posted Images

An evening of Grieg so far.

The Holberg Suite; Lyric Suite; 2 Lyric Pieces; Peer Gynt suite no1; Symphony in C minor. 

2 hours ago, CnoEvil said:

Another fine example of Claves Record Label (Nb. can be found at the end of this compilation [CD 5] - https://www.claves.ch/products/claves-records-switzerland-40-years-of-passion-the-five-most-wanted-recordings?_pos=11&_sid=64c56dfe8&_ss=r ):

(2008) Bruch: Violin Concerto No. 1 - Paganini: Violin Concerto No. 1 / CD 2808 - Claves Records

I had a look at the website which interests me muchly, but I cannot see any way to buy flac downloads.

I hate iTunes with a passion after downloading an album and trying to change it to flac..

I don’t use Qobuz or Spotify and don’t want to pay for a good recording and then ruin it in mp3.

I’ll probably check it out occasionally to see if the situation changes. Thanks for the recommendation though.

22 minutes ago, bohemian said:

I had a look at the website which interests me muchly, but I cannot see any way to buy flac downloads.

I hate iTunes with a passion after downloading an album and trying to change it to flac..

I don’t use Qobuz or Spotify and don’t want to pay for a good recording and then ruin it in mp3.

I’ll probably check it out occasionally to see if the situation changes. Thanks for the recommendation though.

You could investigate through:

Presto Classical

Naxos

HD Tracks

Some Janáček today - chamber music

Mládí (Youth!); Říkadla (Nursery rhymes); Quintet for winds; Sextet for piano and winds; March of the bluebirds for piccolo and pano;  three pieces for cor anglais and wind quartet.

After a hiatus

John Adams Violin concerto

BDE10C47-7F3E-4A6F-8E7C-468E441B5E63.jpeg.92db3fe2cff692d2882229bfb8152940.jpegF078792E-823A-47CC-883F-D202542AE2D1.jpeg.5c89d4287769105aa541fd843845409e.jpeg

followed by Gidon Kremer playing Philip Glass violin concerto (1987) with Dohnanyi and Vienna Phil.

Absolutely sublime music.

Now the exhilarating and wonderful

Philip Glass’ Concerto Fantasy for 2 tympanists and orchestra.

Evelyn Glennie and Jonathan Haas.

323DF7CA-29ED-4D08-9C2C-98BED0A60530.jpeg.41377e25dc30b38e2c43a25490813211.jpeg

I love this “symphony”.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Posted (edited)

^ that's the best recording, too, imo.

Jorma Hynninen is quite magnificent. Spine tingling.

Edited by JANDL100
Spelling
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Wow, what a surprise.
Just released.

Leopold Stokowski conducting the Chicago Symphony Orchestra in Shostakovich 10th symphony.
I had no idea he'd conducted this let alone recorded it.

Quite decent stereo.
Listening now. Excited!

Edited by JANDL100
3 hours ago, JANDL100 said:

^ that's the best recording, too, imo.

Jorma Hynninen is quite magnificent. Spine tingling.

I have to agree with you, spine-tingling indeed!  What a voice!

Antheil: California Overture and other pieces.

Exhuberant at least. Good mid 20th century avant-garde.