Jim Liddell

A Huge Thank You from Linn

Hi folks, just wanted to thank everyone who attended our sessions, and of course the organisers for putting on a fantastic show. We all had a thoroughly good time and enjoyed meeting you all. If anyone has any feedback we'd love to hear it.

linn.thumb.JPG.8008c60f9e988f04e44f28ab60979df5.JPG

We are currently processing all the questionnaires and hope to send out the invites in due course to those of you who signed up. Look out for an email from hello@exakt.design. We will make an announcement here once they are all sent out.

Edited by Jim Liddell
  • Upvote 2

Very enjoyable demo session. 

Definatly room for more graphs :) 

4 minutes ago, edd9000 said:

Very enjoyable demo session. 

Definatly room for more graphs :) 

The dem i went to someone was suffering from premature remote systemitis . I want to see my graphs in the correct order lol 

Super Wammer
If anyone has any feedback we'd love to hear it.

Feedback is what you get at poorly miked concerts; in hifi we have distortion instead. You really wouldn't like to hear either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've emailed some feedback and comments to hello@ but I wanted to publicly thank you all for coming along and putting on a great demo. The results were great, the differences obvious and I know there is a lot more you could have done but it sounded exactly like an honest demo and what I was expecting to hear. 

I'm excited to find out what comes of it all.

Admin

Jim, it was a pleasure to meet you guys. It sounds a very interesting product, and I look forward to hearing more about it over the coming months. One question I should have asked, but forgot, was are there plans to roll this out over more speakers ?

Hey Jim, as i said on the day, it's great to see you guys getting involved at this level without the marketing team tagging along. As promised I'll send you guys some feed back.....When i get time...

Stefan

Hi Jim, I enjoyed your presentation and found it inspirational as a first introduction to digital active crossover and liner phase speaker design. Along with seeing some of the other DIY digital active systems on display at the show it now inspires me to try this approach myself.  For an amateur DIYer the idea of escaping the constraints of physical crossovers and swapping solder for sine wave charts is both daunting and revelatory. Thanks for the insights and I look forward to hearing about the next stage.

Dean

Super Wammer

Great demo guys, and like others have said, refreshingly free from marketing.

I must also add that it was great of you to get into the whole spirit of the show - DIY speakers, problems with the room acoustics, carrying other people's gear, loads of time consuming beer and curry.  Honorary Wammers I'd say :)

Edited by sunbeamgls
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Great meeting all you guys from Linn. I loved the demo, especially as I now have active speakers, certainly food for thought. Thanks for coming, and getting the whole ethos of the show.

Thank-you for coming down to Scalford, doing the demos and workshops and offering to make your Exakt software tools available for FREE!

Would these invites be open to anyone that wasn't able to come to the show and therefore fill in a questionnaire? EG by emailing you? Just thinking that I know of people who weren't there that would be interested in this?

14 hours ago, Cambs12 said:

One question I should have asked, but forgot, was are there plans to roll this out over more speakers ?

I think this may have been covered in the workshop, but in addition to selecting from the list of available speakers, you can create your own. This means you can target *any* loudspeakers, even DIY.

10 hours ago, lindsayt said:

Would these invites be open to anyone that wasn't able to come to the show and therefore fill in a questionnaire? EG by emailing you? Just thinking that I know of people who weren't there that would be interested in this?

This initial batch of invites are exclusive to those who attended the presentations. However, those who accept an invite will have the ability to send a limited number of additional invites themselves, so you might be able to get an invite from someone else on the forums...

Thanks guys for coming to the show and putting in so much time and being part of the Show and acting like Wammers (complement). The whole presentation/workshop worked really and was most illuminating. As I mentioned it may be great to highlight the room correction part of the software to give people an intro to what the software can do. Once people hear how effective that is then they could get tempted to leave the shallow end. It certainly made a difference in my Klima/Renew when I had one. 

Great to meet you all, and well done on putting on a demo aimed at enthusiasts, rather than a bland sales pitch. Pleased to see all the positive feedback here, it's well deserved.