Dvddvd

You win the lottery, what hifi?

First thing: locate and secure complete collections of various record labels, including Blue Note, Prestige, Impulse, Verve, Archiv, DG, Decca, EMI, Trojan, Studio One, ECM, Stax, Paramount, Hungaraton, Supraphon, Melodiya, Westminster and others. Invest in the businesses of Sam Records, Coup d'Archet, APR (piano recordings), Erased Tapes, Audiobulb, Domino Records, WARP and a few others.

At least a few of systems: Silbatone and Western Electric (assorted) with field-coil drivers. TAD Reference system (C600, D600, M600 and Reference speakers). After that, whatever took my fancy - perhaps a system using thoriated tubes exclusively, maybe from Thomas Mayer; another using Klangfilm, Siemens and EMT. Commission systems from Kevin Scott, Dave Slagle, Thorsten Loesch and Bruno Putzeys, et al.

Couldn't listen to all of this all the time, so I'd be tempted to open a few listening rooms, along the lines of Spiritland or any number of Japanese Kissaten - or their zanier Korean equivalents. Lots of fun to be had.

Edited by hairyderriere
just mucking about

Guest Codexy054

On the list for audition...full MBL set up. Not a massive fan of Focal in general. Boulder might be worth a listen. But designing the best room and having it looking right would be a big part of the fun also :)

I wouldnt mind the active Trinnov / vivid audio giya G1 spirits system that dickie is working on

http://hifipig.com/trinnov-and-vivid-at-high-end-munich-2017/

or set of Ag Trios and 6 basshorns  .. other than that I dont see much to improve on what I have already got...Fully treated dedicated and sound proofed room.. twin Devialets and giya G1 spirits

Edited by Rodney Gold

With all that kit u could have, you would have to share it aswell......... lots of like minded wammers , one long bake off.

Super Wammer
On 5/11/2017 at 11:44, Dvddvd said:

What would be your no expense spared system?

Naim statement amp

Focal utopias

Naim 555 cd player?

Air force one turntable?

never heard any of them but going on looks, and price

of course you would have a bigger room for it all....

Easy .. I would start with the Art Alnico 12 reference with diamond tweeters .. then find the amp and preamp that matches them best, probably Audio Research, or Ear of even the good old Sugden Masterclass.. Systemdek reference Turntable with the arm and cartridge combination I like best (it may stay as my Mission 774 with the Decca Super Gold or perhaps the London Reference).  A second Systemdek reference with the best arm moving coil combination .. and the best sounding cd player or drive and dac i can find (with the guarantee of being able to replace the drive easily when the laser fails which it will in time) and the best sounding FM & DAB tuner I can find.  I may even concede to a music streaming device.

The overall fun of this would be the need to travel to many places to hear and judge before making a purchase .. but to be honest I am so happy with my system the Aston Martin would probably come first :) .. 

I would probably start a high end shop. One of everything.

I would have to have some Acapella High Violoncello II's in my life.

1540019.jpg

I'd likely be moving to an old church or manor house. Finding the right speakers in such large rooms is where I'd start looking, something like Tannoy Westminster's would be a good starting point but I'd definitely like to hear MBL 101 X-treme speakers and Kef Muon's. Finding the best amps to drive them would be next and then sources

Guest Codexy054

Depending on how much you win, might want to scratch hi fi all together and just get the artists to come to your new pad and play live :)

I'd go for Thomas's Mayer amps, the top end Total DAC, a Shindo 301 and some exotic field coil speakers.

Something different every few months, then run the most un-economic hifi shop by selling the last lot off dirt cheap and buying a whole new setup

Very happy with what I have so would only change if a big house came on the scene. If it did then I'd probably just get some big speakers to go with what I already have. 

Something like this would be nice:

http://www.jblsynthesis.com/productdetail/everest-dd67000.html