What record cleaning fluid do you use for your RCM's

I have always used the rather pricey but effective L'Art du Son concentrate mixed with distilled water and i'm down to my last drop . Do i stick or is there a cheaper alternative . Ps I'm not into creating my own potions but those suggestions are still welcome 

there are many alternatives, including various home-brew creations. I have tried a few, and gone back to L'art du son. It works ,and works well.  When you think how much the vinyl has cost over the years, why risk it for a few quid.

Admin
1 hour ago, Duvet said:

I have always used the rather pricey but effective L'Art du Son concentrate mixed with distilled water and i'm down to my last drop . Do i stick or is there a cheaper alternative . Ps I'm not into creating my own potions but those suggestions are still welcome 

One cheaper alternative would be streaming...:cool:

Where's the 'Run' emoticon when you need it ?!

9 minutes ago, Cambs12 said:

One cheaper alternative would be streaming...:cool:

Where's the 'Run Faster ' emoticon when you need it ?!

that's better

Just took delivery of this today:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01ACJC8XU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Sgt Pepper

2 hours ago, Duvet said:

Well if you want to spend money on foo branded liquids knock yourself out :D 

Theres lots of recipes if you use search, isopropol being the base for everything....because it works. If you make your own its cheaper, & you can vary the strength. Up to 40% on old car boot stuff is fine. If its really ancient swampy 50s/60s vinyl, MOFI enzyme is VG. 

But as you have some clout these days, see if you can blag an ultrasonic for "review purposes" and then, I'll give a 2nd opinion... to be on the safe side :whistle:

Super Wammer

I've used Paul Stewart's "The Right Stuff" which used to be sold via eBay and word elsewhere is that this should hopefully be available via MCRU in the not too distant future. This can't come soon enough as since I've run out, the Tonar cleaner I sourced via Amazon is knowhere near as good.

Edited by orbscure

The home brew method for me: 90% distilled water, 9% isopropyl alcohol, 1% wu liquid and rinse off with 100% distilled water.

Works a treat! No need for fancy pants solutions imo.

I use the mix that Moth recommended, which is 80% distilled/deionised/whatever water, 20% Isopropyl Alcohol and 5ml of Ilfotol photographic wetting agent in 1L of mixture.

S.

38 minutes ago, SergeAuckland said:

I use the mix that Moth recommended, which is 80% distilled/deionised/whatever water, 20% Isopropyl Alcohol and 5ml of Ilfotol photographic wetting agent in 1L of mixture.

S.

Yep, this is the recipe i use now. Are the results any better than the  l'art du son / distilled water mix  i used before? Havent noticed any more surface noise or extra stylus gunge so  Its certainly no worse and its a lot cheaper.

And it tastes better.

O.o:D

Edited by stormyuklondon1

5 hours ago, dudywoxer said:

there are many alternatives, including various home-brew creations. I have tried a few, and gone back to L'art du son. It works ,and works well.  When you think how much the vinyl has cost over the years, why risk it for a few quid.

In the end this and 100 mill cleans abut 400 records which hopefully in my latest onslaught should sort me out but  thanks one and all 

Guest BD Audio

I have a sample of the Signal Projects Revita if you want to give it a try Danny...

I tried the Vinyl Revival fluids I linked to last night, superb.:party:

Super Wammer
14 hours ago, SergeAuckland said:

S.

I use this mixture most of the time ,but I can highly recommend the Mofi plus enzyme cleaner, it is excellent.