Jump to content

The Beatles


Sgt Pepper
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Moderator
On 11/03/2020 at 22:55, Sgt Pepper said:

Looking forward to that , I have a real affection for Let It Be , it was the first LP I ever bought , it had just been released , I played it over and over as it was a long time before I had enough pocket money to buy another LP and although there are better Beatle albums this is "my" Beatle album .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Unlike many on this thread I do not buy or play Vinyl so I had a couple of the Remastered CD,s (Rubber Soul , Revolver) that i bought when they were released . Then about I suppose three years ago I saw on Amazon a boxed Beatles CD set . I had looked at this but when it came out it was for me at least silly money . This one was described as used and mint condtition and was £38 plus postage . Now even I know when I am looking at a huge bargain even if it is only on cost per CD. Bought and then waited expecting issues when ti arrived.

Nothing of the sort it was as described in perfect condition many of the CD,s looked like they had never been taken out of the sleeve . Result and i have no idea if these are the best CD versions or not in one purchase I have all the Beatles music I will ever need . All ripped to my LMS and available to listen to in every room . Boxed set in the spare room in case I ever need to either play the CD or rip it again .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bencat said:

Unlike many on this thread I do not buy or play Vinyl so I had a couple of the Remastered CD,s (Rubber Soul , Revolver) that i bought when they were released . Then about I suppose three years ago I saw on Amazon a boxed Beatles CD set . I had looked at this but when it came out it was for me at least silly money . This one was described as used and mint condtition and was £38 plus postage . Now even I know when I am looking at a huge bargain even if it is only on cost per CD. Bought and then waited expecting issues when ti arrived.

Nothing of the sort it was as described in perfect condition many of the CD,s looked like they had never been taken out of the sleeve . Result and i have no idea if these are the best CD versions or not in one purchase I have all the Beatles music I will ever need . All ripped to my LMS and available to listen to in every room . Boxed set in the spare room in case I ever need to either play the CD or rip it again .

Is it this one ?

6994490.jpg

This is the 2009 original stereo remaster set, if you got that for £38 its a bargain. The remasters were pretty well received - of course Sgt Pepper, Abbey Road and the White Album have all been the subject of remixing/remastering in the last couple or three years. These new versions of those 3 albums are commonly appreciated as the 'best' but don't let that deter you from a really fine set. I have the Mono masters box too which is really nice for the music and the quality of the presentation.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sumdumgi said:

Is it this one ?

6994490.jpg

This is the 2009 original stereo remaster set, if you got that for £38 its a bargain. The remasters were pretty well received - of course Sgt Pepper, Abbey Road and the White Album have all been the subject of remixing/remastering in the last couple or three years. These new versions of those 3 albums are commonly appreciated as the 'best' but don't let that deter you from a really fine set. I have the Mono masters box too which is really nice for the music and the quality of the presentation.

Yes that's the one thanks for the extra information on other releases but this is I think all the Beatles I need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Has everyone watched this in HD?

Make sure you set YouTube to 1080p. The video quality is amazing.

Probably the clearest you'll ever see the Beatles from this era!

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
On 12/04/2020 at 23:02, notaclue said:

Probably the clearest you'll ever see the Beatles from this era!

Awesome , it's as though they have doubles filming it today .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/04/2020 at 23:02, notaclue said:

Has everyone watched this in HD?

Make sure you set YouTube to 1080p. The video quality is amazing.

Probably the clearest you'll ever see the Beatles from this era!

It is on the Beatles 1+ CD and Bluray. Some really good restored Beatles footage on it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

Oh wow, how good is this going to be:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT👁👁👁👁 Can't wait.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

+1

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Exciting news:

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/04/2020 at 23:02, notaclue said:

Has everyone watched this in HD?

Make sure you set YouTube to 1080p. The video quality is amazing.

Probably the clearest you'll ever see the Beatles from this era!

One of me favourite choons of all time along with 'Rain' The Fab Four really had it going on around the time of Revolver.:notworthy:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...