Accuphase

1 hour ago, LRB255 said:

Thanks Mac, worth a punt I guess 

Email sent, just awaiting reply

That's good, let us know if you get a reply.

Mac

26 minutes ago, LRB255 said:

Well its still for sale, a 4 year old unit, very good condition with a couple of small cosmetic scratches and seems like a pleasant guy to correspond with

rear.pdf 166.87 kB · 4 downloads

front.pdf front.pdf 121.04 kB · 3 downloads

front.pdf 120.48 kB · 3 downloads

Looks good. Is it boxed?

Edited by HouseElf

1 hour ago, LRB255 said:

Yes, all accessories including original packaging. It also has phono slot, would this be same phone slot as newer present models

top.pdf 1.58 MB · 2 downloads

The latest phono module is the AD-50 - I have that with my E-480 and it is superb. Not sure how it compares sonically but comparing the S/N ratio on the Accuphase website the 50 is quite a lot better than the 30 in this regard. I cannot image that Accuphase have made a "bad" phono module but would assume your Dynavector superior.

Thanks, so would I be right in saying that the 470 would be fitted with an older phono, the AD30. Just enquired some more info. Will let you know how I progress, when lockdown eases hoping to visit a dealer not too far from me who deals in Accuphase for a 1st hand look and listen 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LRB255 said:

Thanks, so would I be right in saying that the 470 would be fitted with an older phono, the AD30. Just enquired some more info. Will let you know how I progress, when lockdown eases hoping to visit a dealer not too far from me who deals in Accuphase for a 1st hand look and listen 

Yes - if you look at the photo of the rear of the amp it says AD-30 at the bottom of the board. 

Edited by HouseElf

Yes it can, just swap them over.

You can also insert a second board which can also be a DAC board as well

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LRB255 said:

Well its still for sale, a 4 year old unit, very good condition with a couple of small cosmetic scratches and seems like a pleasant guy to correspond with

rear.pdf 166.87 kB · 15 downloads

front.pdf front.pdf 121.04 kB · 15 downloads

front.pdf 120.48 kB · 8 downloads

That's good news.  How do you feel about it, don't think it would be much of a gamble.

I bought my first model, the E350 and it was about 3 years old, also had a scratch down one side, but managed to trade it in for the E470 a couple of years later with a dealer.

How have you left it with the seller?

Mac

Hi Mac

I emailed back last night asking a couple more questions: had it been owned from new, what paperwork was with it and what was the current asking price as it was back in 2019 when advertised. Still awaiting reply

Also found a 6 month old 480 with phono and dac cards for 6K, just awaiting reply to that one as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LRB255 said:

Hi Mac

I emailed back last night asking a couple more questions: had it been owned from new, what paperwork was with it and what was the current asking price as it was back in 2019 when advertised. Still awaiting reply

Also found a 6 month old 480 with phono and dac cards for 6K, just awaiting reply to that one as well

Exciting times!

Obviously more expensive, but if the deal feels right and in budget, go for the E480

6K is still a very good price, especially as it has both phono and dAC boards and only 6 months old.

Looking forward to hear what happens.

Mac

Isnt the 480 the one that ..houseElf picked up a short time ago ......if not go for it because i would .

21 minutes ago, deggie said:

Isnt the 480 the one that ..houseElf picked up a short time ago ......if not go for it because i would .

Don't think so, he's already seen that one, so must have found one elsewhere.

Mac