Accuphase

Oh ok ,thanks mac , ive looked and i cant find one used . new yes at 8 grand .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LRB255 said:

Hi Mac

I emailed back last night asking a couple more questions: had it been owned from new, what paperwork was with it and what was the current asking price as it was back in 2019 when advertised. Still awaiting reply

Also found a 6 month old 480 with phono and dac cards for 6K, just awaiting reply to that one as well

Sounds good. 

May seem like a daft question but I assume you are looking to build a system around something like the E-480? If not I suspect you would get better value for money getting a cheaper  amp of a similar pedigree and adding some better speakers and source to it. 

For a little over £6k (with some haggling) you would get something like an E270, Dynaudio Special 40's and a decent streamer which would, I would have thought, perform better than an E-480 with your current Dynaudios. 

8 hours ago, HouseElf said:

Sounds good. 

May seem like a daft question but I assume you are looking to build a system around something like the E-480? If not I suspect you would get better value for money getting a cheaper  amp of a similar pedigree and adding some better speakers and source to it. 

For a little over £6k (with some haggling) you would get something like an E270, Dynaudio Special 40's and a decent streamer which would, I would have thought, perform better than an E-480 with your current Dynaudios. 

HouseElf, not sure where I want to be really. I’m just looking for a one box solution so to keep everything nice and compact especially now I have a new partner as don’t want to be seen taking over a room again full of boxes and cables 😊 

Just so happens I have my old 52,se’s to play with so who knows if all goes well then I could upgrade speakers down the line. My turntable which I’ve also kept is a decent spec so looking for some middle ground in a decent integrated to feed these and maybe a better speaker down the line, hope that makes some sense and probably wise words thanks 👍

• Like 1

On 03/02/2021 at 22:57, HouseElf said:

Sounds good. 

Heard back from MMA, I’m heading down Exeter way early March so hoping to call in if restrictions allow. The other dealer hasn’t responded to 2 emails as yet, I may try calling later today. Reading a few reviews of the Dynaudio 40’s, quite impressive 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LRB255 said:
On 03/02/2021 at 22:57, HouseElf said:

Sounds good. 

Heard back from MMA, I’m heading down Exeter way early March so hoping to call in if restrictions allow. The other dealer hasn’t responded to 2 emails as yet, I may try calling later today. Reading a few reviews of the Dynaudio 40’s, quite impressive 

Excellent. Hopefully you will be able to get into MMA and have a look at the amplifier and better still listen to it.

• Like 1

On 26/01/2021 at 11:12, whitehart said:

Agreed, Accuphase is in a league of it's own, but E370 is a very good starting point.

As a matter of interest, does your Class A run hot?

Mac

It gets warm but not Untouchable hot. It has normal ventilation on a shelf. I never worry or react to the temperature. 30 watt class A at 0db , I then goes into A/B to 70watts before clipping 

• Like 1

If money was no object I would seriously look at Accuphase as a option for any future upgrade. Love the look with dancing VU meters and sound, from what I've read, is second to non.

Am I envious of Accuphase owners? Nah, we all have our respective budgets.

• Like 1

Has anyone been able to compare the phono board of an Accuphase with the phono input on a Luxman. I’m thinking of either an E380 or a L509.

Thanks in advance 

Leo

Edited by lazyscott

• 1 month later...

Not a lot going on in the Accuphase section so thought I would post a photo of my E-480: 

51027046001_b49ce87c00_c.jpgAccuphase E-480 by Rob Moores, on Flickr

• Like 4

On 11/03/2021 at 21:48, HouseElf said:

Not a lot going on in the Accuphase section so thought I would post a photo of my E-480: 

51027046001_b49ce87c00_c.jpgAccuphase E-480 by Rob Moores, on Flickr

How's it settling in? noticed any change in sq since you first heard it? enjoying it even more, or not as good as you hoped?

Mac

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whitehart said:

How's it settling in? noticed any change in sq since you first heard it? enjoying it even more, or not as good as you hoped?

Mac

Hi Mac,

It has settled in wonderfully and continues to delight. I haven't noticed any great changes to the sound - it performs to an extremely high level no matter the genre of music. Bottom line is it is better than I could have ever hoped. 

Thanks, 

Rob

• Like 1